• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anyone up for a 1/32 B-25?

Thanks Paul. Did so. I used Corel Draw for these ones and the liver bird.
Thanks Chris. The book is mostly about the technical specifics of the B-25. Looks like the user manuals folded in. Very cool book imho.

Another shot of the seat. Put a satin coat on. One seat good the other iffy.I dont think it will matter. Also started putting stringers in the aft section where people will see them through the waist gun ports.Also started the throttle quadrant. Man but its mad of tiny parts.

cockpit1%7E1.jpg

Slightly better pic.
James

You cant really see mush through the port gun bay, bu I put some longerons and stringers anyways just so it doesnt look too naked. Will have to make some bench seats and some first aid kits and then the bungee cords for the guns.

DSC00428.JPG

James

Glass.And with the 50 in there will look fine I think. Priced out turned barrels and its over $118 so plastic barrels it is.
James

Will have to think about guns some more. Meanwhile finished the stringers etc. Painted the interior and now will start weathering it. Cockpit almost done. Having second thoughts about the PE and I think I will forgo it. When you look in the waist windows the stringers do stand out. Well worth putting them in.

DSC00437.JPG

DSC00436.JPG

DSC00435.JPG

DSC00433.JPG

DSC00432.JPG

Oh andI added a button on the pilots wheel and painted it red. It was used for firing all the guns when doing the strafing role.

So some weathering and adding doo dads and I can button her up.

James

Beautiful build James! i tried the inkjet decal paper and it's going, but you must clearcoat them and that's a P.i.t.a!
Wish i had a laserprinter.....
:popcorn
//Mats

Thanks everyone. Got some pics of the inside of the aft compartment today of a B-25D in Edmonton. Couldnt get in the front. Next time though.
Pics to come.
James

Some shots of a B-25D aft end. Should be close enough to base mine on. This one is still being restored.

DSC00615.JPG

DSC00616.JPG

DSC00617.JPG

DSC00618.JPG

DSC00619.JPG

DSC00620.JPG

DSC00621.JPG

That really makes you wonder what they went through 60 years ago. Thanks James for the pics.

Great photographs James! I trust wartime illustrations more than museum birds... even better are war time images!

Anyway, these are from one of the manuals. If you want to go crazy adding details, simply ask as I have the complete set of manuals for the various Mitchell bombers.

Publications from the US DoD, if not classified, belong to the citizens of the US and not copyrighted.

B-25JPFOIfig53.jpg

B-25JPFOIfig54.jpg

B-25JPFOIfig55.jpg

B-25JPFOIfig57_2012-06-03.jpg

Regards,

Awesome Saul. Now I have a lot more work to do......or not. I was just going to flesh it in an carry on, but now I'm thinking :hmmm Somehow more work is in my future :soldier
James

And MP, I would say its a safe bet that no its not standard :laugh:

Back