• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anyone up for a 1/32 B-25?

Thanks James. See that wasn't so hard, was it? :laugh:
How do you display something that big? :huh:

:popcorn

Bill

I'll probably take it to the flight sim. Then its just a matter of keeping the pilots from flying it :laugh:

And people talk about how ridicules buying AM is to spruce up a $50 armor kit is. :hmmm

Show us how it's done James :v
Tony lee

Anyone wanting to do a B-25J here is a cool site with lots of good gen.

http://www.maam.org/airshow/b25.htm

And they have a CD here

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/b25MMcd.htm

Wow, awesome James. Hey I've never built an airplane kit before,
think this would be a good one to start with? :lol:

Tom

Nope no NMF on this one. She'll be Sag Harbor Express.

3_61.jpg

James

Well only got a little done on this 3 day weekend. Either fighting a cold or busy doing house stuff. What I did accomplish was to make seat cushions out of miliput for the pilots and copilots seats using a method I learned here from an esteemed member. I put the roll of miliput on some wax paper, folded over the rest of the wax paper, placed a couple of tooth pics either side and then rolled it out to a uniform depth. Worked pretty good for my first try. I also made some decals with the name of my Valentine and with U.S.Air Corps, and a Liverbird.
The US markings will go on the vertical seat pads.

DSC00413.JPG

DSC00412.JPG

DSC00410.JPG

DSC00408.JPG

Still have to sort out printer settings for decal sheet. But I got what I needed.
James

Bob I have a nice colour laser printer. The problem is figuring out how to print on half sheets of paper. I am using Testers decal paper and it is 8.5 X 5.5 inches. Once I get it sorted out for the orientation and alignent I will be good. In this case I changed from Portrait to Landscape at the last moment which threw off the alignment.I have enough of what I need though that I wont waste another sheet. Cant wait to print more custom decals though. Its kind of fun.

James

Okay a pic of the book I just got. Its fantastic.

DSC00422.JPG

And the best of some poor pics of my front seats. First time making cushions and first time making decals. I hope once they snuggle down and I weather the seat they will look good.

DSC00420.JPG

James

I am working on decals also James,I bought that testors decal set and just wasted my $$.
I sorta kinda figured out how to do it on the comp but dont ask me how 'cause I cant tell you.
Be sure to spray the top coat three or four times to get it to keep the ink from lifting. But I guess you know all that The program I use is OpenOffice.org which I got off file hippo fro free. it will size the pages to what ever you need and then overlay a grid that you can section for the finished decal. I just dont have the cajones to goo all the way yet.

Paul

Those cushion look good on the seat James . Should really look great with the RB belts .
Got me wondering about the book now ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Back