• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anthony's Elefant "Finished 3-1-2010"

Tojo72

Wanted to get my initial time stamp pictures posted,probably start working this week as the bench is clear.

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

Re:Anthony's Elefant

lovely, lovely, lovely! another highly interesting build!

keep dem builds coming guys! :cheer:

Hiya Anthony :) .

It is going to be so cool watching all these big beasts getting built. And your Elefant is going to be a good one. I really want to see how these DML kits with the zimmerit already on go together.

Gary B)

Looks like a pretty sweet kit you got there...
Looking forward to seeing it together too.
Shawn

The new Zimmerit Elefant. It interests me very much like the kit can build.

Then quickly set to work.

Olav

Here is my first weeks work,still busy on the job,but was able to make some progress:

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

Got the lower hull and road wheels assembled,will leave them and the tracks off untill later also small tools will be added later.This publication which I picked up at a show proved really helpful with pictures as DML instructions sometimes leave something to be desired:
DSC00582.jpg

Anyway on to the gun assembly and upper hull next week.

Some slow progress to report :

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

Getting to the point where all subassemblies will soon come together,and then we can paint.

Hi Anthony.

It is looking better and better. I am curious though. Are you having any fit issues due to the zimmerit? I have read that some people have had problems with that with other Dragon zimmerited kits. And I can hardly wait to see the color start going on.

Gary B)

I have built this kit in the past, and while I didn't use any aftermarket parts, I can say it is a great kit and builds to a very fine model. Can't wait to see what paint scheme you go with. Keep up the good work.

I just love Elefants ! Yours is looking way Kewl and going together fast too :D .

Gee the predone Zimmerit looks sweet too .

Jenny :kiss:

Thank-you everyone for the encouragement .
Gary,no fit problems yet,but I havenot put the major stuff together yet,but I have done The Tiger I+II with zimm,and the Panther D with no problems,so I don't anticipate any,but we will see

Hi Athony,

This looks like a great build .

Its the first time I've seen the elephant with Zimm up close and it looks terrific. :woohoo:

Look forwad to seeing the paint on it .:) showing off all the zimm.

Michael :)

Anthony, it looks nice so far, the molded on zimm looks very cool,cant wait to see more :Hiay

Abdin

Looks like a real solid build. I got one of those started but got side tracked. :blink

Tony Lee :)

Ruben Lopez wrote:
Are you going to paint the tracks apart?

Ruben

Yes Ruben,they are DS one piece tracks,so i will paint 1st then attach to the tank,in fact I already layed on the basecoat of Tamiya XF-64 that I usually use. :Hiay

Back