• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anthony's Elefant "Finished 3-1-2010"

Re:Anthony's Elefant

Well,someone had to go 1st,and I got my entry finished up over the weekend.So let me post my humble offering.I think it came out OK,it was a decent kit to work with,good Dragon quality.I used mostly Tamiya paints,enamel washes,and Mig Pigments.I like the DS Tracks,Friuls are better,but if you don't want to spend $35-40 these are not bad.As far as my own critque,I dont think the camo pattern is entiely accurate,but I thinks it looks OK,and I think my overall wash was a little heavy.If anybody has any suggestions to imrove this one,maybe I can try,or some thoughts about future builds.Thanks for all the encouragement,and thoughts,it has been a fun group build for my 1st one here.Is my model actually going to be in a magazine ?? that seems improbable ,but it would be pretty cool.
:drink

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

Hey! Slow it down there "Road Runner" you are leaving us in the dust!!! :laugh:

Nice work, I am really impressed with the speed of your build. Very simple and very effective.

dave

Nothing wrong with that big guy. As soon as I get caught up with my painting I guess i'll get mine back out and pickup where I left off.

Good Lookin model
Tony Lee :)

Thats a great effort .

The gun on this beast looks so intrusive photographed like that .

Lookin at this baby I've gotta do 1 of these (y) :)

Michael

Thanks for the kind words guys,Yeah I usually only work on project at a time,hence the relatively short build time.

Hi Anthony.

That is a very nice job. It is also amazing to see it done so well AND so fast. I really can't see anything that you did wrong that needs to be fixed. I might suggest though that you try one more layer of paint. A very very light coat of the base color over the camo to help tone it down and blend it just a little bit more. If you do this, I suggest you practice on an old junker if you have one so you don't end up doing something you are not happy with on your Excellent Elephant (y) . And maybe some pigments/pastels on the tracks and running gear to dust them up a bit.

Gary B)

Gary+Noel,you guys are right about the overcoat,I usually have done that in the past to tone down the camo,but I actually forgot that step on this one !!I won't try to redo this one but thanks for the heads-up.The running gear actually do look a little light,I will dust them up a little bit. Thanks

Just one word: ILIKEIT!. Well done. After seeing how well this one went together and easy it seemed, I'm going to have to get one for myself. Keep up the great work. Later tomater.

Back