• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'Allaaaaaaarm!

ausf

Master at Arms
I'm in with Revell 1/144 Type VII C.

hd430b0a.jpeg

h906d330.jpg

I was scanning the shelves for and kit (I have started and not finished of course, Bride of Frankenstein, Godzilla, Forbidden Planet, Dr Jekyll, Mars Attacks...) and resigned to ordering a Moebius Creature From the Black Lagoon or Bela's Dracula.

Then I remembered I handed my son the Revell kit a while back. After searching for it, I found what's in the photo, 2 sprues still in packaging, 2 hull halves covered in stage blood and mortician's wax, no instructions, no decals. Looking at the hull, there are a lot of interior molding spots for supports, but only two on the sprue. Hull is stamped 2006 and at that point I was thinking a lot more parts are missing.

A few minutes on the interwebs and I have a pdf of the instructions (2010 release). Relieved to find that there are only two sprues, A and F and the hull, so I'm good to go since I would have to either stencil or make a decal to match the movie anyway. Off to some serious sprue washing and I'm in. :D

VII C

Thought you might have had a serious SA Dave moment and stabbed yourself with the kit :yipee

VII C

Thought you might have had a serious SA Dave moment and stabbed yourself with the kit :yipee

There's still time...My 'beginning a kit ritual' includes washing the sprues and installing a fresh X-acto blade. I usually try to hold the blade with a paper towel while I tighten the handle so I can clean off the oil. Then I wonder why the towel is turning red. :D

Much better title. (y)

I have the 6 hour version recorded on the DVR, just can't find the time to watch it.

Thanks guys, I hope I can pull it off.

Bob, I have the DVD, but you're right, it's a big commitment in time and really needs to watched in one sitting for effect.

Guy Sager (The Forgotten Soldier) wrote that his book shouldn't be read sitting in an arm chair in front of a fire, since he was freezing on the Russian front. So to watch Das Boot, I stand in a bucket of filth, locked in a refrigerator, occasionally pouring water over my head. For the real effect, I have my kids tip it over at least once during the film. :D

Thanks guys, I hope I can pull it off.

Bob, I have the DVD, but you're right, it's a big commitment in time and really needs to watched in one sitting for effect.

Guy Sager (The Forgotten Soldier) wrote that his book shouldn't be read sitting in an arm chair in front of a fire, since he was freezing on the Russian front. So to watch Das Boot, I stand in a bucket of filth, locked in a refrigerator, occasionally pouring water over my head. For the real effect, I have my kids tip it over at least once during the film. :D

And don't forget to hang some old worn socks and underwear around your neck.....to get the full effect :sick:

Back