• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf

We went to new place in town for lunch. "Shovelhead Bar and Grill", it's ok, we shouldn't have gone there on their 2nd day open but...we get back to work. One of the girls in Customer Service asked...
"Is it a place I can take the kids?"
I answered, "Depends on how you're raising your kids..."

I crack myself up sometimes...

Just got home from the range, and had a blast. The range was out of 9mm ammo, so we decided to go w/ a .45 instead.

Tried a Springfield 1911, Kimber 1911 and a Sig Sauer P220 Elite. Of the 3 I liked the Sig the best. It kicked a bit more than either the Springfield or Kimber just b/c it was a bit lighter, but it felt better in my hand than the other 2.

Here's a shot of the Sig.

2013-05-07_18-27-21_170_zps36dec47c.jpg

And here's my grouping w/ the Sig. Distance was either 20 or 25 feet. Magazine had 8 rnds in it, and I can make out 7 in the grouping. Its the left center target w/ the tape over it. Not bad at all for never having fired a hand gun before.

2013-05-07_18-27-13_413_zps4b7ee687.jpg

Been busy today setting up a workbench in the "garage" needed a space for doing small jobs in the house (got tired of working on the floor...)

P1120909.JPG

Now a board over the bench for the tools :)
//Mats

Looks like you have a nice little set up there Mats. Wish I had a garage for that type of thing.

Had a big drill and other machines in sweden but i couldn't bring it with in the move to belgium, and now i don't do so much big jobs so i manage with the smaller machines :) would like to lay my hands on a small lathe for all the scratch build projects..... :geek
//Mats

Just got home from the range, and had a blast. The range was out of 9mm ammo, so we decided to go w/ a .45 instead.

Tried a Springfield 1911, Kimber 1911 and a Sig Sauer P220 Elite. Of the 3 I liked the Sig the best. It kicked a bit more than either the Springfield or Kimber just b/c it was a bit lighter, but it felt better in my hand than the other 2.

Adam I'm shopping for my first handgun too- What I found that fits my hand is the Beretta 92-93. I'll probably stick with 9mm as a 45 acp is a blasted cannon! Good shooting.

Hey Guys, there's a lot of firearms forums out there, let's stick to Modeling here, OK? :mpup

Sorry Bob, one thing i am doing OT is fixing a mistake I made last night- I ruined a hatch on my Tauch Panzer whist trying to hinge it and just finished making the replacement. I felt that was a better alternative to robbing one from another kit as I would just have to make another.

Work schedule changed back to normal. Goodbye steady midnights !! (y)

Looks like some bench time coming back. :D

Mike B)

Ahoy there me hearties.

When I get my Revell 1/72 Flower Class Corvette (H.M.C.S. Galt)finally done I'm going to have me a few tots of rum to celebrate.

I spent today working on 6 Carley Floats and the fit is absymal. At least they're finally glued together but I might have to use filler too. Beware the old release Corvette model as very few parts align properly for assembly.

I'll post images tomorrow on my thread located In The Navy.

Cheers

Just finished two days of almost non-stop model building at Hobby Day weekend. Hopefully I'll get the ton of pics posted today showing my progress.

Sitting here moping. Managed to drop the box with my flak tank and my Fokker DVII. Parts all over the place. Makes you want to cry sometimes.
James

Back