• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 109 Just for fun

Adam

I put this together this weekend just for fun. It's Airfix's newer 1/72 Bf-109E-4. Really not that great. Fit wasn't what I was expecting after some of their other new kits. :frantic

20141026_224200_zpse037ee0f.jpg

20141026_224235_zps593ed446.jpg

More to come.

You practicing for Micro Month? You know you got a month for that...Looks great Adam! Has it snowed up there yet?

Yes I am Bob! Hahaha no snow yet. Was 75 yesterday. There's always next weekend. We haven't had a warm or dry Halloween in 5 years. Makes trick or treating a real blast.

Fit wasn't what I was expecting after some of their other new kits. :frantic

Coincidentally, Adam, I felt exactly the same about that wee Gnat I'm building just now. Lots of folks (especially on the British based forums) were praising it as the best thing since sliced bread... actually, I found it a good avearge... a 'B' at best probably nearer a 'B-', definitely not an 'A'. However it won't stop me getting the new Airfix 1:48 Spit Vb and the 1:48 Gnat when it arrives.

Like that 109 scheme, very neat work.

Ian

Let us not judge my brother! Assigning an arbitrary grade to something is just wrong. After all, you don't know the struggles the kit as gone through, its deprived childhood, its disadvantaged life, put down by THE MAN and forced to exist below its potential...

:yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee

Thanks guys. I'm just waiting on swastika decals so I can finish it up. Somehow I didn't have any spare 72nd ones and Airfix doesn't include them. :smack

I cannot recommend this kit. I was so excited by the new Airfix stuff I wanted to build it all. Well this one sucked. Sprue gates were huge even on the smallest parts and it just sucked to clean all that up. Fit was so so. Just get a Tamiya or something. On the plus side decals were awesome.

20141102_200844_zpsb9697257.jpg

20141102_200914_zpsaab68ad4.jpg

20141102_200925_zps24174455.jpg

20141102_200953_zpsa6787be8.jpg

20141102_201102_zpse238d77b.jpg

20141102_201024_zps87775182.jpg

On to another Airfix kit...

Oh and Bob... It snowed sideways on Halloween. :gogo No joke.

Dude, you didn't see my pictures? We had snow Nov1!!! WTH?

If you had trouble out of this you sure whipped it. Whipped it good...

(y)

Its a beauty Adam. (y) (y) I have not built any of the new airfix kits yet though I do have several in the stash. Luckily this is not one of them.

That turned out great Adam! (y)

If you really want a terrible Me 109E is this scale try the Academy kit, oh it fits together well enough but the errors in accuracy are enough to give you a brain freeze. For example the flaps and ailerons are molded as one piece 'flaperons' and the molded in exhaust stubs are facing backwards. :blink

Matrixone

Thanks very much guys.

I feel I should recant my not recommending this kit. It's not the worst kit ever. It's just the worst of the new Airfix 1/72 stuff that I've built so far. It's still light years ahead of a lot lot lot of kits.

Well, darn. I actually wanted to build this kit for the upcoming Messerschmitt campaign, because I'm only building small now and there is a Canadian connection with Werra, this planes pilot. He's the only German POW that escaped (and wanted too) from captivity in Canada, and made it back to die KIA in Germany.

Still might do it, because I did buy the kit and like the markings. I think you did a brilliant job on yours, Adam.

Not sure how I missed your finish Adam . Looks good from here (y)

Try the Sword BF 109D and I bet the Airfix will be pretty cool :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, darn. I actually wanted to build this kit for the upcoming Messerschmitt campaign, because I'm only building small now and there is a Canadian connection with Werra, this planes pilot. He's the only German POW that escaped (and wanted too) from captivity in Canada, and made it back to die KIA in Germany.

Still might do it, because I did buy the kit and like the markings. I think you did a brilliant job on yours, Adam.

Absolutely do it :good:

Back