• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1:72 RNLI Severn Class Lifeboat

lleife15

Well okay, after having this account for over a year at this point and *Checks Watch* a decade away from the bench. It's time to start building again. Thanks to a COVID Diagnosis for forcing me to stop and find things I enjoy doing while laid up. Hopefully this will get me back in the swing of things.

Lucas welcome to these Forums and welcome back to the Hobby! I am looking forward to seeing your work, especially that Severn Class Lifeboat. I always wanted to see one of those built.

Welcome back to the hobby Lucas! Looking forward to seeing your build.
Watching-with-Popcorn.jpg

Obligatory box picture, sorry had a bear of a time getting photos off my phone. hoping to get a good start today.

Attachments

• box pic.jpeg
    box pic.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Sweet! At least you did get them off your phone. I'm still trying to figure it out. Thank goodness for my regular digi camera...

Some WIP Pics, definitely not impressed with how Fiddily the main hull parts went together. Forgot to grab a photo but the sprue gates are directly in the cutout that you're supposed to line up the hull sides. But, onwards and upwards. Got through the stern and the start of the interior.
RNIL Stern detail photo.jpeg
RNIL Interior start.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting subject, well know throughout the UK but probably a rarity for those elsewhere. :popcorn

Back