• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/12 Bentley blower FINISHED

That engine is looking awesome Paddy!

BEEP yes sm.jpg

Already looking great Paddy!!

Do you have any pics of your previous builds??
No sorry its was back before digital photos and i didn't do much film stuff then but i remember i tried to build that OTB and i would have brush painted with humbrol enamel. I certainly didn't detail in those days :)

All the bits are basic but as i said in the intro its a good thing because you are given a blank canvas

DSC_2235.JPG

DSC_2241.JPG

DSC_2240.JPG

DSC_2239.JPG

Lots more to do with this engine but i cant do much till its on the chassis rails and the bulkhead is in. Then i can look at the rest of the plumbing and wiring and making all the missing bits that will fit too the bulk head

DSC_2245.JPG

this is what you get so first thing is to remove the strange pipe :) and the bolts round the edge. I don't know if i will cut that box off and remake it as a separate part or go with it as it is. I think its a voltage regulator but i need to check my references.

Today i have been playing with the carbs that mount direct on the super charger. The kit offering like the rest is pretty basic but you have the necessary needed to do the job. I have added a throttle mechanism and springs, some alclad brass and some alclad chrome. I think the brass was the smallest item i have ever set the airbrush up for :) I am now experimenting with some air filters, best i have come up with yet is a pair of M5 stainless washers and some of the fine brass mesh i used on my helicopter build in Jan. Problem is i only have about 3mm between the carb and the chassis rail.
DSC_2255.JPG
DSC_2265.JPG

Looking great so far! Can you thin those two discs any to create a little more clearance? Or punch a couple pieces to replace the washers from thin styrene sheet and add your mesh? Paint it with Alclad or metal color of your choice?

This is the fuel tank.

DSC_2268.JPG
DSC_2269.JPG

My problem here is it should have quite a pronounced wire mesh protection behind everything attached to it so to achieve this i need to sand it back to just a plain box apply some mesh then replace everything i sanded off. Not the end of the world but a lot of work.

This what i am aiming for
fuel tank.jpg

The tank in the kit is 6 parts so i think its just a case of 1 part at a time and by the last part i should get it right :)

Those fuel tanks (kit and actual) appear to be different. The photo of the actual vehicle also has a riveted filler pipe, is that something you plan to add as well?

The kit one appears to be based off this fuel tank:
1618066176704.png

Regards,

Back