• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Club M16 MGMC

Ken Abrams

This model was given to me by my late friend, MH Tserng, founder and president of Hobby Fan/AFV Club before his untimely passing. This has been may main focus at the bench for the last few months, everything was put aside so I could focus on this build. It was my first completed model in four or five years and I am admittedly a bit rusty. This model is featured in Inside the Armour Publication’s latest book Modelling AFV Club Armour, dedicated to Mr. Tserng.

Aside from the rubber band tracks this kit is so much more accurate and detailed then the Dragon kit, but that does mean of course a more difficult build. If you struggled with any part of the dragon kit you may want to give this kit a pass.

3B4EC837-16D6-47AA-99DB-ECD806691451.jpeg

EE82017A-6341-45AF-AD1C-FEC144A1D528.jpeg
1EE81F33-FDF4-4B5C-A087-F09FE54A5F84.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t have any here on my iPad Bob but I may have some bench photos on my phone, I can look but I had started this kit so long ago I may have deleted them. Everything else was taken in the photo booth with my camera.

I'm real close to having my shop back up and running. Just sorting out how to lay out the work bench, might be putting too much thought in it. Once I clear some of the old stuff I'd like to take up this challenge.

Oh here we goo with the halftracks.... :rotf
Ken I know those are M3 GMC but the gun shield looks very different, what's your take on that?

Fantastic Ken. I liked the Dragon kit even with the inaccuracies, and have wondered about this one. I might have to give it a shot one day.
James

Oh here we goo with the halftracks.... :rotf
Ken I know those are M3 GMC but the gun shield looks very different, what's your take on that?

Bob that’s just the shield that came on the gun. It was changed a couple times after initial tests and eventually ended up with the version you are familiar with.

39620DA1-926A-4793-9ED7-C660F8B5047D.jpeg

Fantastic Ken. I liked the Dragon kit even with the inaccuracies, and have wondered about this one. I might have to give it a shot one day.
James

James the Dragon kits are fun, I still have several and do enjoy them. This kit is definitely a huge improvement but it’s also a more difficult build as a result.

Back