• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Club M113 ACAV

Thanks, Guys! I think this model turned out pretty good. This past weekend I attended Soonercon 2018 in Oklahoma City (where I also met PaulW from this site) and this model was entered into the Open Top/Interiors category for the AMPS part of the show in the intermediate skill level. It earned a gold medal and next year I get to compete as an advanced skill level modeler for AMPS. Not bad for this being my sixth whole armor model (I am not counting the wedgies) that I have built since I got back into modeling. My first decent armor model was built in 2013 during my internship at the Air Defense Artillery Museum. It was the Academy M163. After that, I built 2 M42 Dusters, a M151, a Panhard 178, and two M113s - this one being one of them.

After seeing some of the armor models that were at the show, and getting some good deals on some old Tamiya kits for my Grandson and I to work on, I am motivated to get some more armor done.

Cheers,
James

Here is the model at the overflow table. It was one of the last 15 0r 20 armor models that were judged that day hence it's place on the overflow table instead of with my other entry.

100_1085.JPG

100_1086.JPG

Along with the model, I had included photos of the actual vehicle, most that were shown in this thread, as well as some written documentation.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
James

That looks awesome on the table! Very nice work, and well done on providing pics and documentation.

I would love to see that in person at Phoenix!

Thanks, Duke and Andy.

I wish I could show it at Phoenix, but I don't think I will be able to make it. Bummer :(

A bit later there will be some more figures added to this.

Cheers,
James

Back