• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Admiral Graf Spee 1/700

razordws

So I am currently out of town looking after my brother following his unexpected hip replacement (long story) and will be for about another week. My plan was to do the Graf Spee in 1/700 but as I am losing a week I will have to re-evaluate when I get home and determine if I have enough time. There is also a new distraction in my life of the female gender to consider. I will get to this... just didn't want anyone to think I was slacking.

20220217_095706.jpg

Also, I want to wish your brother a speedy recovery. As to the other, enjoy the company, but beware and heed any red flags that smack you. After my fair share of those with more flags than a CCP parade, I came to enjoy being by myself and doing my own thing in my own time.

Back home and looking forward to digging into this. I only have a couple of weeks but I'm going to give it a shot.

01GrafSpee.JPG

Got started yesterday with some of the subassemblies. Always a challenge with these 1/700 scale ships to figure out how far to go with assembly before painting. This will be straight out of the box given the time limit.

02GrafSpee.JPG

Also, I want to wish your brother a speedy recovery. As to the other, enjoy the company, but beware and heed any red flags that smack you. After my fair share of those with more flags than a CCP parade, I came to enjoy being by myself and doing my own thing in my own time.

Thanks Paul, I hear you on the red flags. So far so good with this one. Will definitely take it slow after how the last one turned out. :doh:

Sorry for the lack of updates but I have been moving along on this. Got the first coat of paint on the deck. Will do a second coat. Used a tin of Humbrol Deck Bleached Teak paint that has been around for 40 years or more. Still good with a lots of stirring. :blink

Nothing is glued to the deck yet. Just put everything on to get a picture of where its at. Don't know if I'm going to make the deadline yet but I'm having fun! :dance:

03GrafSpee.JPG
04GrafSpee.JPG
:bigrin:

Looking good Dave! Don't feel bad about runnng behind, I am as well, just have not been all that inspired and had other more important things that needed to be done.

Well, first time I have not made the deadline for this. I chose a challenging subject that I thought was doable but real life stuff derailed me. Anyway, glad to have participated and will get this done in the next week or so hopefully. Here is where it sits now.

06GrafSpee.JPG
05GrafSpee.JPG

Very fine line between rushing to finish and reaching a deadline ...and having a project thats relaxing and a step back from the grind of daily life. Look forward to getting some bench time and dont put yourself under pressure to get things done :) It sort of defeats the object :)

Beautiful work! I know how you feel; I never made it either. It's amazing how someone like me that specializes in small scale cannot finish a small scale model in one month when it counts!

This is still a fantastic model and I look forward to seeing it done.

Back