• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Armour STRV.103 C S-Tank Full resin kit!

iambrb

Well howdy! It's been waaaay to cold to spray paint on either of the Shermans I have threads going on, so I figured hey, why not build this one up! MP, Eric, and myself (The 3 Amigo's) were at Atlanta more than a year ago when i saw & bought this puppy for less than $10 US!

kkT5X2K.jpg

lmTrSma.jpg

I actually have a video that I made about this full resin kit, but it has yet to be published (ahem...) so here we are. This ting was fully complete and a really nice kit, whoever had it never let anyone monkey around with it. The Upper hull is really well detailed and one very big piece

CETpjfn.jpg

And on the underside it is marked '1992' so that shows how old it is

g6EgiR1.jpg

Here are the other parts as received, Note that the resin track bits were so brittle they just fell apart as I handled them

uHMemH3.jpg

UQQOQMA.jpg

UQQOQMA.jpg

The lower is a really heavy bathtub style lower. I used a 2-part epoxy on it, but here you can see where I installed little alignment pins bade from paperclips

0omgL8Z.jpg

AA had intended this model to be 'posable' with respect to the suspension. While a good idea, this meant that the white metal suspension was just round, so that complicated the process. I first marked all the holes

dEwlJ3y.jpg

Then I hand fitted each suspension bit after numbering
\
dEwlJ3y.jpg

Shoot there's a limit on the number of pics per posting! here is the rest:

and the result came out well.
l3horJZ.jpg

The Cupola is a kit in itself and quite detailed:

5u7D4GL.jpg

sSGKQCW.jpg

0RG5xaR.jpg

This little (and HEAVY!!) kist is really turning out well. here is where she sits, just need to get some paint on this puppy! Details like the flare mortars and Pioneer equipment and other details really make this kit look great as you can see:

CtWmt3M.jpg

ZQPZYXx.jpg

89uXcUi.jpg

zwmFoii.jpg

LtJ6Pob.jpg

9Br32sc.jpg

KNBCMFF.jpg

If you feel so inclined, anything designed for Trumpeter/Hobby Boss' copy will work here, such as tracks.

Regards,

Yep. I think that’s what I’m going to do. I am at the point that I need to get paint on it before I do anything else

Back