• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy STuG IV

maus

Hi

Finally got off my but to join this campaign as I have quite a few STuGs in the basement to build. :)

James

StuG_IV_start.jpg

Rodger Cole wrote a review on the kit in the Armorama forum. One thing he identified and I completely agree with is you get what you paid for. Since I paid $3.00 at a yard sale I can't complain to much, but sigh :rotf

StuG_IV_lower_hull.jpg

Nice gaps, good thing there is styrene strips and putty.

As a Tamiya knock off to bad they didn't improve on the kit. :bang head

James

Almost looks like they intended those notches to be slid into the idler mount. Fill it in, wouldn't worrry about sanding cause you can cover it with mud :soldier

Thanks everyone

Hole on the rear plate filled and I quickly moved on.

"If it was easy, anyone could do it" very true

I am impressed the bracket mounts for the side skirts seem to be molded properly unlike the Tamiya Brummbar kit where you had to modify the brackets which was an easy fix with plastic card. Lots of ejector pins markings but so far everything else is fitting together nicely. :)

01_Jan_STuG_IV.jpg

Slowly things are coming together, I dry fitted the right side skirt today and realized the lower hooks that attach to the fender were anywhere from 2mm to 5mm off and did not fit. So some adjustment was required and the problem is fixed.

James

3_Jan.jpg

Thanks everyone,

Got a little bit more done on Sunday and hope to resume work on the kit tomorrow night.

James

STuG_IV_6_Jan.jpg

Back