• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy P-47N * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

This began as a What If project a few weeks ago, but now I’ve changed direction and am going to build it as a ‘real world’ P-47N… probably the best known P-47N… yep the one featuring two ‘naughty’ ladies, Short Snorter/2 Big & Too Heavy of the 333FS, 318FG on le Shima at the end of the war.

So here’s how it’s gone so far:

From here-on I’ll post regular updates on this very site. In the meantime the RF-4 is ready for decalling and the StuG figure is wearing it’s basic uniform and flesh tones. More on those two soon. As ever thanks for taking the time to look – I’ll do my best to answer any questions comments and criticism.

Ian

Academy P-47N

Cool. I was going to do those markings on my 1/32 kit. Cant wait to see more (y) (y) (y)
James

Academy P-47N

D*mn you school holidays..... Can't get near my workbench there's always 'grown-up stuff' to do !!

Ian
:bang head

Academy P-47N

(Truncated) Anti-dazzle panel done:

If you like your 'Jugs' then have a quick look at my other two threads..... :pilot

AFN

Ian

Academy P-47N

Looks a beaut so far. Will have to remember the yellow paint callout for mine. That Anti dazzle looks awesome, nice and worn looking.
James

Academy P-47N

Putting the stickers on now !!

Using Cutting Edges' Pyn-Up decals. Incredibly thin and beautifully printed, definitely not for the faint-hearted !!

Ian

Academy P-47N

Well done on those stripes, know all too well they are not as easy as you'd think. :popcorn

Academy P-47N

Looks like you are doing a one man group build, great job on both of you jug builds ! (y) (y)

Academy P-47N

....and we're back

Since you last saw it, I've completed the main decalling, although I still need to get the stencils on, and done a little basic weathering with oil washes, smears etc. Stll need to get the exhaust plumes on and then a final coat of varnish to seal it all in before I can get to the final construction. Not putting any loadout on this one so it should be straightforward.

As ever thanks for taking the time to look.

Ian

ps
Very happy with my new pale blue photo backdrop.... VERY HAPPY INDEED !! :yipee

Back