• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/48 F-86F Sabre "MiG Killer"

Oh yeah-- that little bit at the top of the tailfin was an experiment to try to use a different shade...but I am not happy with it and will adjust that a bit...

Thanks Luiz, Ed, and Mark!

Yeah-- I don't really build much post-war stuff, but I do love the looks and style of the Sabre.

Thanks all-- nearly there-- just waiting on the nose piece to cure and some paint bits to touch up...decals ended up a little rough on me...part of the complication of splitting the fuselage :(

One last peek at the engine before I stick it up the front end ;)
002~96.jpg

001~101.jpg

Front half...with engine in place-- thankfully, there is enough weight to keep things nose heavy without having to add anymore ;)
005~86.jpg

003~100.jpg

004~93.jpg

And the tail end...
006~79.jpg

007~70.jpg

008~56.jpg

very nice job on this one ... I've always loved this Kit ... I hope I can do as good as you did ... Excellent Engine Work ... (y) :popcorn :pilot

Back