• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/48 F-86F Sabre "MiG Killer"

Jeeves

Here we go:
001~95.jpg

004~87.jpg

NMF coming this way!

I always have a problem with that yellow stripe decal. IF I get that far. :popcorn

Got some sub-assemblies started...
Engine
001~96.jpg

Instrument Panel
003~96.jpg

Office
002~92.jpg

I am really hopeful I can find 67th FBS decals...used to be my online squadron back when I was a flight sim geek and I love the insignia...
165px-67th_Fighter_Squadron.jpg

Decals seems to be oop though...might attempt to make some...

Thanks Luiz ;)

Well-- doing the sub-assembly thing now to keep pace....first- the engine is pretty much done...I've decided to separate the fuselage sections to keep it viewable somehow- but here's the best view for you:
010~36.jpg

011~30.jpg

012~24.jpg

Added some extra wiring- although the kit detail is pretty good. The Squadron walk-around book has been extremely helpful as the drawings inside are beautifully detailed.

And now the separated fuselage...don't mind the patches of metal painted...I am trying something ;)
014~10.jpg

015~9.jpg

And the Eduard belts added in for fun...
013~16.jpg

One of my Fav Jets. The Box Art is of McConnell's Famous Mount. If you remember the Movie:- The McConnell Story. Besides that piece of Trivia you are off to a good start on this one.....Cheers Mark

Thanks Bob and Mark!

I should change the title of this as I am actually not doing the MiG Killer scheme on this one...I grabbed the Revell kit so I could apply the 67th VBS scheme instead since that was my online squadron in the early 2000s for flight simming ;) Got the NMF down-- using Alclad's Airframe Aluminum...
IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

Decals were started today and they go down very nicely on top of this stuff...so smooth! ;)

Thanks Ian, Bob, Gerry, and Ed!

Ian-- yes-- I drilled out the holes for the drop tanks...and even though the kit includes bombs and racks, there was nothing in the destructions about placement or building and the like...the Squadron Walkaround book saved the bacon though ;)

Thanks Dave-- I really like this paint!
Decals are complete-- I really just have all the fiddly bits left for the most part...I wasn't going to use Decal Set or Sol-- but with these two shots, I need to get the yellow stripes on the wings snug as well as that black pinstripe...
001~100.jpg

002~95.jpg

And since I had decided to cut apart the fuselage to show off the engine a bit-- it wasn't until after I had submerged it that I realized I'd also have to split the yellow fuselage band....d'oh! Thankfully I have the one from the Revell kit to use-- I'll just stick the two halves together with some Fun Tack...apply the band, and then carefully with a new blade split the band that way I guess...
003~99.jpg

004~92.jpg

Course-- that means- whenever I get to building the other Sabre I'll have to paint the fuselage band since I am out of decals....

Back