• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/35 R.O.K. K-9 Thunder

Leopard2

Here is my entry.

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

UPDATE: Academy 1/35 R.O.K. K-9 Thunder

I started on on the lower hull with the suspension. So far I must say this is probably one of the better Academy kits as far as fit and cleanliness is concerned. Only problem I encountered is some play with the swing arms but other than that its a good fit. What I like is that for parts that go directly on the hull there are small recesses that make placing the part easy. I also filled the cutouts in the sponson bottoms with some evergreen styrene sheet.

Joe

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

How come they had cut outs?? Looking forward to seeing this one come together. Its a version of M-109 right?
James

James, the K9 was developed by Samsung Techwin. The Engine and I think the gun are the same as in the German Pzh2000. Though it does look similar to the M109.

As for the cur-outs..I have no idea why they are there. Since the hull bottom has the holes that come with motorized kits, I guess it has to do with that.

Joe

Hi Joe :Hiay

Nice choice and a good start! Indeed it looks a lot like a M-109, makes me think back at my "own" M-109 A2 in the Dutch Army!

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Cheers erik

Ty Erik. Here is a little update. I have chugging along on this kit all week and it is just falling together. I haven't cursed once yet...lol. I got most of the turret done as well as upper and lower hull. There are only a few small parts and the wheels left. I must say after the the awful Dragon Sd.Kfz 7/1 with armored cab this is a breeze. I am really enjoying this one. It is very well engineered, no hick-ups with the instructions and the fit is very good and.

Joe

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

Hey Joe,

Looking good (y) I never build an Academy kit, but looking at your build I might give it a try!

Keep on building :popcorn :popcorn

Erik

Back