• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/35 R.O.K. K-9 Thunder

Looking good, Joe!

Sorta reminds me of something...

smileys-cowboy-627296.gif

Man your knocking that out! (y)

Yeah, now that I dont have to worry about review builds my Mojo came back in a hurry. And on that note a little update. I got everything primed and started painting of the wheels. So I hope that I can start throwing the camo paint on by this weekend.

Joe

The last 3 days I played with silly putty like a madman. Now I am ready for the last coat of paint. It is one thing to use silly putty on mostly flat surfaces but a different story when you have all kinds of edges, corner, over hangs etc. I will probably have to do quite a few touch-ups. Nice thing is that not every Howitzer in Korean service is painted the same way so that leaves some room for artistic freedom :D . Anyway, here are some pics before the final coat of paint.

Joe

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Thanks Sherman. Well I got all 4 colors on but I am not happy. I ended up with a lot of spots that need touch-ups. Way more than I anticipated.Oh well, life has to go on. Other than that I am pretty happy with the outcome so far.

Joe

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

Aside from needing to touch up some places, the colors and pattern look good, Joe. :soldier

I am slow moving on this one. Finally I got the tracks painted. First I painted the tracks with Tamiya XF-52 Flat Earth and then I applied AK Interactive's Track wash (Thx for the Tip, Mike). I must say, that stuff really does the trick. Next I applied Bragdon Powder Dust to the running surface of the tracks and finishing with Tamiya XF-69 NATO Black for the rubber pads.

Joe

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

I am slow moving on this one. Finally I got the tracks painted. First I painted the tracks with Tamiya XF-52 Flat Earth and then I applied AK Interactive's Track wash (Thx for the Tip, Mike). I must say, that stuff really does the trick. Next I applied Bragdon Powder Dust to the running surface of the tracks and finishing with Tamiya XF-69 NATO Black for the rubber pads.

Joe

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg
That AK stuff looks mighty fine How easy is it to use?

So I finally getting close for finishing her up. Next will be a coat of future, decals, wash, flat coat and then filter and some weathering and she should be done.So I must say that I am not to happy with the paint outcome. Need to work on the silly putty skill a little more.

Joe

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1219.jpg

I added a filter, not sure I like it. I think I should have gloss coated first, then decals, wash, flat coat and filter last.

Joe

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

Back