• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Abandoned SdKfz 222

Heavens Eagle

This has been sitting fallow on my bench for several months. I just realized it is perfect for the "DAK with Doc" as it is a true Afrika Corp vehicle.

A little while back I picked up the Hobby Boss 222 vehicle and found it fairly amazing how close my rework is to what they have in that kit, especially the gun mount mods I have been doing. Shows just how poor the old Tamiya kit was.

So time to resurrect this and try again to finish it.

As a reminder, here was the start up.

222-Afrika-001.jpg

222-Afrika-002.jpg

222-Afrika-003.jpg

Bob, could you please migrate this over to the "Dak with Doc" forum?

Yeah I modded the suspension on the kit to match the photo. It was a little tricky and still will have to play some more games with the tie rod system due to how it is made.

There were also 2 different suspension/ shock absorber types on these as well. One type had a bunch of lever shocks and the other had straight oleo types in the center of the coil springs.

The Oleo strut version

h95e3c82.jpg

The lever shock version.

h233c842.jpg

Back