• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A couple new builds, Nanzan and Reppu

matrixone

Proof the I started building again is this pic of my 1/72 scale Tamiya Nanzan and MPM Reppu.

The Tamiya kit is a great little kit with no problems yet and don't expect there to be. The MPM kit is a totally different story since its a limited production kit and one of their early ones, when my kit was made the molds looked like they were already starting to fall apart which meant a great deal of carving and sanding were involved before any dry fitting could take place. The propeller was very bad and one of the propeller blades snapped off and was lost trying to remove it from the thick sprue and I had to use a propeller from an old scrapped model to make a replacement. Most of the carving and sanding is done and the dry fitting is looking good so the rest of the build should be a lot easier from now on.

Here are both models just before the fuselage halves were glued together.
404674774.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks Moon Puppy and Paul!

The MPM kit is taking quite a bit of effort to put together but it shaping up nicely, lots of filling gaps with super glue and sanding down so far.

Matrixone

Ian,
Actually I was thinking of doing just that! :) But I won't.

I am just about to lose power so this might be my last post for a while...a powerful storm has struck (with recorded 98 mph winds) and a tree is slowly coming down that will likely take out the power line when it comes all the way down, nothing can be done right now until this storm stops with the high winds and rain.

Matrixone

After a lot of work on the airframe of the Reppu these models have been given their first coat of paint, I gave them only a thin coat of paint right now because there will be some highliting of various panels and then given a very thin coat of the original camouflage color, I want the finish to look slightly weathered on these models.

404820905.jpg

More pics later on.

Matrixone

Interestinh hw the finish is coming along. Right now they look like heavily weathered carrier based aircraft. I'll be watching to see how you do weather them.

Cheers

Thanks guys!
Neither one of these aircraft are done very much in model form so I thought its a chance to build something very different than my usual Bf 109s or Fw 190s.

Matrixone

Thanks scorpr2!
Both models have had the highlights oversprayed with a thin coat of the basecoat color, the Nanzan turned out nearly perfect, the Reppu not so good because of the paint being a little too thick. Not a real problem though, some of the highlights still show through and will finish the model as a slightly less weathered aircraft.
No pics as of yet, maybe later today.

Matrixone

Today I masked off the uppersurfaces and painted the lower sufaces, first a base coat and then some preshading and finally the final camo color which is light gray with a touch of tan added to it.

No pics as of yet, I am waiting for the next storm to pass through here and then take my pics.

Matrixone

Back