• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Christmas Present

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
This is a Christmas present for a good friend.
The diorama shows the car no. 37, driven by Paddy Hopkirk and Liddon (co-driver) in the French Alpes Maritimes, en route to Monte Carlo.

The car is Revell's Mini Monte Carlo Rally winner 1964 in 1/24th. The two figures inside have had to go through major surgery, both are Tamiya, 1/24th scale, an older kit with mechanics and a driver from modern rally days.
Everything else, scratch built, except for the Cooper sign on the frame. That is an original one, cost me more than the kit.

Started this one on the 16th of November, it's almost ready for tomorrow. Minor cleanup, making it look pretty and presentable.

h4577f2b.JPG

Body done, decals applied.

h32c9848.JPG

Figures as they were in the original kit. Did that ages ago, have been collecting dust ever since.

h03b18ce.jpg

Bridge work in progress. Corrugated cardboard with matting board. Masking tape to keep it tight while the white glue dries.

hbcc5d61.jpg

Figures during the phase of major surgery and adaptation to the small Mini.

hb917517.JPG

Interior done

h49c7395.JPG

Bridge underneath. All tiles done using molds and plaster of paris. A grand total of around 870 tiles have been used.

hc2c677d.JPG

From another angle, before painting

h1caff9a.JPG

Base - rocks and the river bed almost done

h6b594e0.JPG

Work in progress with the tree. Three trees in total. Bamboo stick, holes, zinc wire, white glue, fine saw dust, white glue, static grass, paint, hairspray, baking soda - simple, easy to remember :D

h2905c82.JPG

All done

hd7a5a42.JPG

A close up.

Thanks for watching.

Laurence

Very nice Laurence, your friend is receiving a work of art for Christmas, great job excellent Dio ... (y) :ro: :dude

What a treat! I'd be proud to have that sitting on my shelf. I know the person getting that will be tickled. :notworthy

Gentlemen, you are all very kind, I am humbled, honestly :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

The thing is, if my friend likes it (hope he does) he'll have to take it with him to London, where he lives, that's a long trip. Over 20 hours flight plus the time spent at the airport. Have to make a box with a handle and make sure it all stays put.

Anyway, Merry Christmas my friends, Xmas is already here in Sydney :D

Laurence

Just superb, Laurence. Magnificent present for your frirend. Happy Christmas to you & yours from across the ditch.

Ian.

Thank you Christian, Luiz & Ian, very kind of you :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Merry Christmas to you too Ian, have a fantastic day mate with all your loved ones :drinks :drinks :drinks

Laurence

Stunning build White Wolf,that's a gift that cannot be bought off a shelf..one hand made and built by a Friend.
Hope you have a great day with your family and friends.

Kurt.

Back