• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A bit of luck

phantom II

Master at Arms
I finally got to meet the owner of Rareplane detective . Real nice but terribly chatty :)

While looking through his stash , I ran across this item ( $ 6:00 )

HE_51_A_or_B_001a.jpg

Although there may not be any interest here, I want to replace something I built back in 1972 while living out of bags in Texas .

Now,for the luck part

Unknow to me previously, there are two complete kits, extra decals and an article on how to build it in this box.

HE_51_A_or_B_002a.jpg

That brings the price down way below $ 3:00 :idonno Not a big deal but I'll take it.

Might even build it if there is an interest . Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah I ran into Him also ... at Scale Fest ... 2010 ... Scored some nice kits 1/48 B-58 Hustler ... the pit from Lone Star cost twice as much or better ...

Congrats - Get - R - Done !!! Love to see it !!!

Yeah I ran into Him also ... at Scale Fest ... 2010 ... Scored some nice kits 1/48 B-58 Hustler ... the pit from Lone Star cost twice as much or better ...

To think I spent three years in Vegas and did not even know about him till I arrived in Texas much latter .

Maybe it's a good thing :rotf .

Thanks, I'll consider wedging one of them in the list . I am not good about Getting-R-done :rotf . Much too slow :soldier

To think I spent three years in Vegas and did not even know about him till I arrived in Texas much latter .

Maybe it's a good thing :rotf .

Thanks, I'll consider wedging one of them in the list . I am not good about Getting-R-done :rotf . Much too slow :soldier

Get - R - Done !!! Slowly I enjoy your work ... I meet Him because He's the U.S. Distributor for Anigrand Models ... Which We had gotten a Sample from When I opened the Shop ...

Awesome score Chris. Is there any interest you ask lol. This is one of the prettier
Heinkel birds. So lets get started :popcorn
James

Awesome score Chris. Is there any interest you ask lol. This is one of the prettier
James

I agree with you James but I also realise that my philosophy about models is different than most .

Unless I get some visual clue,......Well. I'm clueless :rotf

The number of views means nothing unless there is a bit to back it up . The numbers without a response to me equals " I saw , so I ran the other way "

James

I agree with you James but I also realise that my philosophy about models is different than most .

The number of views means nothing unless there is a bit to back it up . The numbers without a response to me equals " I saw , so I ran the other way "

LOL! I feel a bit te same way Chris. But there are times when you just have to go ahead and do the deed. My DeAgostini Millenium Falcon build on Fine Scale Modeler only has 122 replies (most being me posting) but has 6300 views and no telling how many folks subscribed and just looking at the photos in their e-mails.

As to your He51 build, do it! The Hasegawa He51 is a nice little kit. The seaplane version I built years ago is still one of my favorite models.

(y) :popcorn

James

LOL! I feel a bit te same way Chris. But there are times when you just have to go ahead and do the deed. My DeAgostini Millenium Falcon build on Fine Scale Modeler only has 122 replies (most being me posting) but has 6300 views and no telling how many folks subscribed and just looking at the photos in their e-mails.

As to your He51 build, do it! The Hasegawa He51 is a nice little kit. The seaplane version I built years ago is still one of my favorite models.

(y) :popcorn

I did not by any means imply that I would not build it. The truth is that I can build it faster without taking pictures and posting comments.
A simple " :) " is enough to let me know there is interest. I just don't want to waste a lot of time on
deadhorse1.gif

I have often thought the float version would be a good build but it is strangely missing from my stash and I have never seen one build either .

About the Falcon, I have often looked at it but it leaves me with the same feeling as looking at the movements in a fine watch
deadhorse1.gif
It just defies my vocabulary . Well above my paygrade .

images~1.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Dave .I think so .

This is the birth of the Luftwaffe, before they started showing their hand .

Cheers, Christian B)

That is pretty sweet Chris, I've never been that lucky to score two kits in one before!

Sweet plane too! I have the CA floater version that I'll have to build someday!

:) :) :) :) :)

That is pretty sweet Chris, I've never been that lucky to score two kits in one before!

Sweet in my book too Warren . Might not be luck Maybe the seller thought that's all it was worth . Old kit.

I think the floater would be very nice.....but 1/72 bip and a floater too :unsure: A bit of work.

Sometimes I also think of the cover drawing on the Squadron cover of the Curtiss Seagull .
Never seen that one done either :idonno

It doesn't always go this way Warren . A couple years ago I grabbed a Russian twin to latter discover the wing spar glued in and the wing halves wont go together .
Pretty sure I can fix it but meantime it's on the pile of " Maybe some day " :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Sweet in my book too Warren . Might not be luck Maybe the seller thought that's all it was worth . Old kit.

I think the floater would be very nice.....but 1/72 bip and a floater too :unsure: A bit of work.

Sometimes I also think of the cover drawing on the Squadron cover of the Curtiss Seagull .
Never seen that one done either :idonno

It doesn't always go this way Warren . A couple years ago I grabbed a Russian twin to latter discover the wing spar glued in and the wing halves wont go together .
Pretty sure I can fix it but meantime it's on the pile of " Maybe some day " :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah, I know. You really need to check a second hand kit over! I just bought a Blackburn shark and while I thought it was complte, there are a few small pieces missing. Nothing I shouldn't be able to fix!

I have a couple Seagulls in the stash, a vac Wings kit and Lone Star Models resin one. On the "to do" list!!

Would love to see you tackle this one!

Back