• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Base for the B1 Bis

Extremely cool Tim !!!

I think the half open gate and your suggestion of the ivy on the fence/part gate , will balance the the build very well with the lamp post , yet still leave the B1 as the main focus .

Thanks Mike and Cheyenne :v After looking at some really nice ivy offerings availible out there I've decided to do what I always do and attemp to make my own. I shot some color mix on a sheet of copy paper with the airbrush, cut the leaves with the exacto. I attached some poly fiber to the gate and fence where they will go and started glueing them on. I don't want the poly to be seen, just used it to create a sence of fullness.
Heres some in progress shots. I'll add more color to the leaves once they are all on.

Tim

ivy_2.jpg

ivy_3.jpg

ivy_1.jpg

Very well done Bis and the base is doing it justice. What are you using for the wispy green stuff that you attach the paper leaves too?
J

Thanks all :v jrutman, that stuff is Woodland Scenics Poly Fiber. It's good for giving body to the ivy but to "hairy" to be used as vines so it will all be covered up.

Tim

Hi Tim, looking very nice. A bit of greenery certainly adds life to a scene. :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Love it !!

I use that wispy stuff quite a bit and if you add water/white glue mix to it, it can be bodied out a bit

Back