• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Baltimore Clipper Build, this will take awhile..

Thanks Art :v Glad your enjoying the build. The hardest part about working with wood in a scale this small is keeping everything looking in scale.

Tim

Just a couple of pics of the cannons. The wheels are two different sizes, the smaller ones go on the rear of the carriages.

cannon_4.jpg

cannon_5.jpg

Tim

Thanks guys :v

Christian, thats what I told myself too :) There are ten ports, 12 if you count the stern ones but the plans show eight in place and eight is all it's getting.

Tim

Thanks guys :v The dinky pic was supposed to be a large closeup :hmmm

The cannons will be the first bit of rigging to do on the ship. I'm looking foreward to it but it's not something to attemp after dragging home from working 12 hrs :bang head :java

Tim

Thanks Bob :v Just wish it could be moving along quicker. I have a couple of hours day to work on it.
I'm trying to make the model as accurate as possible to the period so alot of that little bit of time is spent researching. I also have some books on rigging practices. One is really helpfull as it gives examples in great detail (more than I will put on this model) of how rigging, say, the bowsprit was done in 1812 campared to 20 yrs earlier or later, fascinating stuff to me. My goal is to have a good knowlege of how's and why's of these great ships by the time this is done. I want to build another in a larger 1/24 scale.

Got any pics of yours? love to see them. :)

Tim

Hi Erik :v Thanks for looking. This is one you don't have to worry about blinking and missing it :)

Tim

I wish I did Tim,

Back then I never even thought of photographing any of them. By coincidence, this evening, I received an email from a guy who bought a 1/24th scale Spitfire Mk. II that I built in the 70s. I had forgotten about it completely. His father was an American Eagle in 1939 and wanted it for a birthday present for his dad. He sent a dozen pictures. I will post them tomorrow on my Master's thread.

Keep going Buddy, I absolutely love this thread! So Gorgeous!!!!! Damn, I want to build everything! I love modeling so very much!

Bob

Back