• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A-36 Apache 1/48th scale

centaur567

100_7369.JPG
100_7371.JPG
aa4504c8542438299a28c9153014bcac.png
p1.jpg

I'm onboard with AM's A-36 Apache. The kit is a first production run. Plan to build it gear up. Haven't decided on a scheme yet. The RAF only flew one example, but I like the look of RAF Mustangs. Then there's one with a shark mouth too. Gary S.

100_7507.JPG
100_7508.JPG

If I had a time machine, I would go back and glue the front parts to the fuselage parts together rt. and lt. separately. The wing roots wanted to concave leaving a large gap. Plus, the upper wing halves don't match up very well to the fuselage. I had to unglue the nose and insert a spreader made from sprue. Even then I had to fill the area around the upper wing roots with crazy glue and do a lot of sanding and rescribing. Gary S.

Thats one thing I did not like about the kit is what you are experiencing with the nose. Looks like you got it going your way now. Still love those accurate miniature kits though.

100_7568.JPG
100_7569.JPG
100_7576.JPG
100_7577.JPG
100_7578.JPG

Had a lot of trouble with the strips. They were stiff and fragile. Put them on while down in FL and no setting solution. After coming home I sprayed the rest with decal film spray. I applied silver to the leading edge for wear with a silver sharpie. After seeing the shark mouth A-36 posted by Saul, I just had to have one. I changed the tail # from the original sheet and am going to use a different letter over the tail numbers. I'm going to paint a black outline around the teeth. Gary S.

Back