• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A 3 year old's request...Fire Engine.

Working scale nuts and bolts! I've used them in the past, last Jeep I built I used them to make articulating tierod and steering linkage but had to make it static in the end. It was cool for a little bit. I got a seat on an 88 gun that stows away.
They are great for 1/35 tanks to.......used them for attaching fender hangers and plate armor on my stug3 on a flat car. Highly recomended.

Well, it is as done as it is going to be. All in all, I an relatively OK with how it turned out. I don't think Griffin is going to be happy playing with it though since the ladder is EXTREMELY difficult to extend and he will be frustrated in seconds. But when it is extended, it is indeed long and distinguished
20230415_182235.jpg

However, the design doesn't let the bucket sit vertical when the ladder is at an angle. Since the weight of the ladder will not let it stay at an angle, and the support system provided was even impossible for me to manipulate I made a support bar that holds the ladder at various angles...
20230415_181609.jpg
20230415_181625.jpg
20230415_181650.jpg
20230415_181705.jpg

I added some features to attempt to strengthen things. There are metal pistons in the ladder hydraulics.
20230415_184406.jpg
a plate to support the ladder rest as well as rails to limit sideways movement of the ladder.
20230415_182707.jpg

The scratch built rear lights did not turn out as well as I had hoped for, but look better than the stock lights.
20230415_182437.jpg
Now for the promised pocket door that covers the fuel tank.
20230415_181924.jpg
20230415_181906.jpg

Full disclosure: the cab no longer tilts all the way so that it holds itself open with that front center nose feature hitting the bumper
20230415_185118.jpg

Some final shots...
20230415_182037.jpg
20230415_181833.jpg

I left several things off that would break immediately such as bull horns and flood lights and other protrusions.
This was far more fun than I expected and I definitely want to do another fire truck. I would have never chosen it to build so I have to thank Griffin for expanding my horizons. Thanks for watching everyone.

You built it for a 3 year old to play with so it is going to get some harsh treatment. Overall, it looks good though. We shall see how long it lasts till Grampa has to do repairs.

It didn't last long LOL. Maybe, 40 seconds? He ripped off the bucket, then the rotating ladder base from the truck. Grandmama convinced him to have a shelf in his room for "Papa built for Griffin" models. I added on the floodlights and bullhorns, repaired the rotator and bucket, and put it on his shelf. He seems proud and content.

He found out it wasn't a "PLAY" toy.

At about his age my dad bought this kit and built it up. Gave it to me and it wasn't long before the landing gear and propeller went away. MANY years later I found another one and it is in my stash.
Corsair Hawk kit.jpg

Back