• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

60CM Karl Its Big , and Heavy , and back in shop.

Teaker11

Here is my entry

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

will be starting soon and will keep a picture log as I go. will be useing Tamiya Paints, Friulmodel tracks and Big ED PE.
jd

Re:60CM Karl Its Big , and Heavy

it's big, it's bad, it's german!

this will be the biggest build! by far! and i look forward to it! :cheer:

The "Karl-Geraet" is a very beautiful model. I built the mortar of DML and had a lot of fun there. I hope you will too.
Olav

This is gonna be so cool to watch. As opposed to doing it myself. I think I would go crazy doing all those road wheels :laugh:

Gary B)

It's definitely big. I've wanted to do stuff like this, but I gotta ask...where do you put it when its done?

This one should keep you pretty busy...
Where are you going to store it when it's done? :evil:
Shawn

I have a nice big glass cabinet to put it in I have a Leoplod and a Karl on rails in there. so I have plenty of room

Well here is my first update on my Karl I have stained all my friulmodel tracks useing the Black Patina method that I described in tips section
001-37.jpg

004-26.jpg

005-17.jpg
and I am pretty happy with the results, later a little rust and dust and I think they will look pretty good.I have assembled on side of the tracks and have about 1/2 the other side done. This is the first time I have used thease tracks and I am impressed with how they go toghter. I have also starded building the lower section in the "fireing Mode" so I will have to start painting soon I will be useing Tamiya xf-63 German Gray
002-35.jpg

003-32.jpg

006-12.jpg

007-9.jpg

008-4.jpg

so thst it for now another update in couple of weeks
Jim

Wow, that IS huge! You are off to a great start, can't wait to see more! :ro:

Great start jim looking forward to seeing the beast finished. you say you've already got one of these finished on rails? you've obviously got more display area than I have :)
keep the pics coming mate
Cheers
Azrael

Nice work so far Jim (y) , I made the Karl in resin with the ammo panzer IV some years ago, now I have the trumpeter with transport cars waiting for a dio with the BR52.

Abdin

Very impressive,coming along nicely.any dio ? perhaps some figures ?

Thinking about it depende how much time left, mabe the munitions loader and a full crew

Nice progress Jim,

Hey post some shots of the other beasties if you get a chance. I have a Leopold waiting for me and some inspiration would be marvelous. :laugh:

dave

Back