• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

40 Willys Pickup Street Rod

Update for tonight, so far.

Lately I was not all that happy with the look of the intake on the motor. Felt it needed/needs something. I even thought of ditching the 4.6 motor and putting in a Ford 427 from Revells engine kits. The problem with that (well to me) is the older motor does not have the modern look that the 4.6 does. Plus I would have to recut out the hole I just spent all that time filing in the hood. So I would say I thought this all out, but I did not. I was playing around with mixing some parts for the engine pack, a supercharger does look cool sitting on it. The older style GMC 6/71 supercharger just did not look right. Yeah I started scratch building a supercharger smaller and I hope to have a more modern look. All in all hope to keep the "Gasser" look to this little Pickup. My camera died last week. I did shoot some pictures with the 35mm. Picked up a new camera today.

I started with two tubes, made some ends and then added the ribbing with rod. The upper manifold base is just sheet plastic and strips.
001.JPG

002.JPG

test fit on the engine
40_sc003.JPG

40_sc004.JPG

40_sc005.JPG

On the chassis I did get the suspension mount done on the frame. I also made a bracket for the master cylinder and a clutch master cylinder and its bracket.
004.JPG

005.JPG

Thats it for now. I going to go and coat some stuff in putty and make brakets for the rear end.

Looks cool, Jeff! The "new" Shelby GT500KR has a supercharged 5.4, for future reference (and project :D )

Thanks Mike and Terry!

Mike there is a story behind the supercharger. I'll put up the pictures of what I was trying to make. Lets say I missed. :D

It doesn't look missed at all. The KR motor is really mean looking and up to date, just wasn't sure you'd seen it.

What an awesome build you have going here ,Im lovin the scratchwork ,especially the blower ,cant wait to see this puppy done .(y)

Chris.

Very Cool looking Jeff, love the shape of the front of this thing, very agressive, very old school!

Back