• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

206A German Sub-Finished S605 French Sub-Finished

Might not have been styrene Gerry. Might have been ABS. For that you need CA or Tenax type bonders.

Thing is you goterdun! (y)

The Academy 1/144 He111 that I started is only about 1/2 done. It's a HORRIBLE kit. The fuselage wasn't even symmetrical from side to side. UGH! I might finish it for some paint and decal practice, but it is so bad that it would be an insult to a dog. The clear parts were even worse.

Might not have been styrene Gerry. Might have been ABS. For that you need CA or Tenax type bonders.

The Academy 1/144 He111 that I started is only about 1/2 done. It's a HORRIBLE kit. The fuselage wasn't even symmetrical from side to side. UGH! I might finish it for some paint and decal practice, but it is so bad that it would be an insult to a dog. The clear parts were even worse.

I'm digging that little plane get it done "Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead" I dropped mine because of the same reason, no turning back get R done ... :soldier

I'm digging that little plane get it done "Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead" I dropped mine because of the same reason, no turning back get R done ... :soldier

I like the Heinkel, but the Academy kit is really bad. It's back on the shelf for now as I have taken a big step on the Arizona this weekend and finally filled the bow with resin so I can narrow it down.

Thanks Jeff ... Paul I hope you don't get carried away with corrections on the AZ ... There could be such a thing as being to eagle eyed ... Like I know the dive planes are way too thick on those little subs and I could thin them down ... My AZ is gonna be out of the box with some PE ... just waiting for someone to get a Bender in stock so I can order one ... I don't like the one I have ... :salute

Gerry, I finally caught up with this. Those are cool little subs! If I'd known you had them in stock, I would have bought them. They rock man! Congrats on getting done on time.

Gerry, I finally caught up with this. Those are cool little subs! If I'd known you had them in stock, I would have bought them. They rock man! Congrats on getting done on time.

Thanks Mark, I had fun trying to get them to stay together (thought I would build them in a day).

These aren't your scale On S605 Am French Sub the hull is 14cm long which scales out to 1/525 which doesn’t fit any of the accepted ship modelling scales.

On the 206A German Submarine, the hull is 16.7cm long which scales out to 1:291, I wanted to do more to them but I was running out of time ... Still don't know if I get the ribbon MP's been silent. :woohoo: :hmmm :idonno

Still don't know if I get the ribbon MP's been silent. :woohoo: :hmmm :idonno

They are coming, waiting on an entry or two. ;)

One of these days I need to find a short hull Sturgeon class attack sub to build the SSN-675 USS Bluefish.

Back