• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

206A German Sub-Finished S605 French Sub-Finished

Swordsman

I'm Starting this because I'm not sure if I'll get My other build done ... So My 1st Model was a Submarine. So I'll be doing two subs for this build in 2 weeks .... :captain

206A German Submarine Vs S605 French Submarine ....

h9b2961d.JPG

h9dc0c22.JPG

h392a5b3.JPG

hbf92ee9.JPG

I'll get these done in time ... standby to get under way ... :skipper

206A German Sub VS S605 French Sub

That's an interesting disclamer, colors and SHAPES may vary. I get the colors but shapes? :rotf

:captain

Cool. This should be interesting. The contents look like they should add up to the right shapes I think, but what a weird warning. Maybe is was so kids who built them wouldn't be discouraged when they screwed up royally.
James

Thanks James ... lots of little parts and tiny instructions, I found myself looking at the box art for assy help ...

Well the German Sub is assembled ... the French Sub is almost finished, I have the conning tower to finish on it then there ready for putty not a great kit cuz there were fit problems ... I took pictures of my progress ... but left the computer interface cable at work ... so I'll upload them in the morning ... and finish the French sub tonight ... :captain :soldier :woohoo:

Thanks Luiz ... I really hate having technical difficulties ... But my camera must have a cable to connect to the usb ... My old laptop had a chip insertion slot ... So after working on my friends On30 module yesterday and assembling two subs ... When I went home all got left ... Except Me ... :dance

Yeah Gerry these little off brand kits are usually pretty poor. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with at the finish. :coolio

206A The German Sub

Yeah I know a friend gave it to me back in 2009 ... Right after the Partner, had Me kicked out of the Greenville Railroad Depot ... so I'm putting all that's happened to Me ... behind Me, so the other day someone picked this up looked at it & put it back.

So On with the build ... The German Sub ...

he3ff5e5.JPG

h58e3998.JPG

h9a9b2b1.JPG
:captain

h8b6e36b.JPG

h0de9282.JPG

h1f08cd1.JPG

hcd21864.JPG

h63144e6.JPG

h2562e85.JPG

She's was started & Finished Yesterday except for Paint and Putty ... Not a lot to do ... :captain

Shore Leave .... :drunk

S605 The French Sub 3/17/16

Ok the French Sub Also was started Yesterday ...

h44ddda1.JPG

h5e8aa2f.JPG

h52e5514.JPG

h899f843.JPG

h8e4c498.JPG

h9beba9a.JPG

h8cc541b.JPG

h8f79750.JPG

ha8244c4.JPG

h5f72e2b.JPG

h5509c09.JPG

I worked on The French sub some this morning ... she's a putty queen but I think I finally was able to close the back of the rudders so I can finish sanding this one ... :captain

Then some shore leave ... :drunk

Thanks James & Bruce I've been having trouble with the glue sticking seems this is the plastic that doesn't weld with Testors cement my favorite ....

Now there is a little part not on the destructions .... But I think there is a place for it ...

h401a2eb.JPG

h1a6d9c3.JPG

Other than that I found my super glue we'll see how that works tonight ...

h89c0036.JPG

Thanks for looking in ... C & C welcome ... :bat :rotf :hmmm (y)

I still have two days ... these little boats will get done ...

The sail is on ... the French boat ....

h6aa9306.JPG

h46e3377.JPG

and the German boat is sticking together ... I think a marathon session is coming tonight ...

hec4078f.JPG

Back