• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1929 Ford Model A Enclosed Pickup

I managed to fiddle with this too last night B)

I finished removing the running boards. Not sure now that this was a good idea, time will tell.

DSC05738_zpsgoe92wrz.jpg

Finished up the new part for the rear of the frame.

DSC05749_zps5f2dm7ob.jpg

I worked on trying to get this to sit right, still needs work but I'm closer than when I started. looks great until the body pieces area back on it :D

DSC05752_zps88ozls9x.jpg

DSC05753_zpsvckju4g1.jpg

I've been waiting for an update on this for awhile. This was worth the wait. Well done! I'm sure you'll get that back axle to sit right eventually. Keep plugging man!

You could drop the axle another scale 1 1/2" or so, the tires would be nice and tight to the fenders then, but that's just me. :idonno Those wheels are cool, what are they from? :drinks

You could drop the axle another scale 1 1/2" or so, the tires would be nice and tight to the fenders then, but that's just me. :idonno Those wheels are cool, what are they from? :drinks

That is just what I was thinking Mike. :drinks

The wheels I are from the Revell 1932 Roadster, later release

...not sure I understand Jeff, is that a maybe ??

Ian.

Sorry Ian, :facepalm

I was using my phone (I really dislike typing with it), but unless everything else stops and I do things in seconds instead of hours ....... No it is not even close to being done. Funny thing is I did work on it some just before seeing your post. You really need to stay out of my head friend. :rotf

First problem I have run into is my mojo is running low right now.

Second problem I have run into with this and the other Model A I have going here;
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/knock-out/150660-1930-model-a-ford-sedan-body
and what gets me every time with a model car, I want to work on the real one out in the garage. I probably should have made this one stock as Ford made it. I have never finished a Hot Rod model of anything. The only two cars I have ever completed are both stock Model A's. I'll keep fumbling with it until who knows when. So far I have had a blast doing what I have done. I will keep trying to finish a car other than a stock Model A. maybe it will happen someday.

Y'see there's the difference between Brits & Yanks right there.

I was being 'ironic'... Of course I knew exactly what you meant. "Two great nations divided by a common language" - Winston Churchill.

Ian.

Okay I really did do something on this the other night

I glued on some supports to the top of the frame and then removed the front cross member. I replaced it with some channel in the hope of getting this to sit lower in the front. I still have to move the rear cross member as it was hitting the top of the rear end
001_zpsezt77zkt.jpg

011_zpsl167dapk.jpg

012_zpshbkwbxik.jpg

I removed the running boards, will replace them with smoother and thinner ones. I was glad I did as I found the spash aprons had shallow sinks in them. So out came the putty
004_zps2umht0st.jpg

005_zpsrzfkytms.jpg

009_zpsu7fzxvxz.jpg

010_zpsvefzwy31.jpg

I started to thicken the doors using styrene strip after I removed the interior detail
015_zpseekq7bq7.jpg

014_zps0i9il98t.jpg

016_zpsuectephq.jpg

Back