• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1929 Ford Model A Enclosed Pickup

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
If it is okay I'm in with gem from Revell. Now I know what you guys are thinking, "thought for sure he would do a Sherman or maybe a Patton, even possibly a P-51." Well I had a Sherman and a Patton set out and I was going to flip a coin (best of three). I love one thing more than those tanks, CARS! Model As and Mercury Cougars are the top two, but if it has four wheels I'm game. I saw this kit while digging in the stash for my IMSA GTO Mustangs, at that I opened it and saw it was complete. This morning since it's raining, I dumped it out on the bench. I did find a glue bomb stock engine :eek:hmy: I do not ever remember sticking it together. This could be swap meet buy, if I find this kit under ten bucks I get it. I'm taking the drive train, wheels, tires and suspension from the Revell '32 Ford Roadster kit.

Start up photos;

DSC02855_zpsgu6zjv0s.jpg

DSC02856_zps0tzcn3sa.jpg

DSC02857_zps7vf21paf.jpg

DSC02858_zpssuvcqkea.jpg

idea photos

RATWOT1.jpg

user3876_pic328881_1317268462.jpg

(this one is a 30 or 31 but I like the style)
P101009020Large.jpg

like these best (y)

l_32730dde22d4a33117782db6697e370d.jpg

29Apu1004~0.jpg

Well that wasn't to hard :gogo Some mock up photos

DSC02859_zpsddhnsphi.jpg

DSC02860_zpslwbnvpzz.jpg

One more thing if I finish one of these cars in the time frame, you better stock up on fire wood and parkas :D

Thanks guys! :good:

Since this is Hot Rod truck I'm going to remove the spare tire well in the left front fender.

DSC02861_zpsjdbmiyoy.jpg

I scribed the long sides and drilled holes at the ends to remove the unwanted part
DSC02883_zpsnltz3h4v.jpg

DSC02886_zps2yssbg9o.jpg

The frame is pretty close for an aftermarket A frame. Still have to remove some parts/brackets before adding what I want.
DSC02870_zpsgm4dnbgv.jpg

DSC02871_zpssgbihdoc.jpg

Unwanted pieces removed, filled steering box mount and filed the frame to get rid of mold lines and sink marks
DSC02889_zpsu28iobfp.jpg

DSC02890_zpspqvcuxwy.jpg

More later :eek:hyeah

The has a nice rolled rear pan with tail lights molded on and a frenched licence plate mount.
DSC02878_zpsnwagnz3j.jpg

Tail lights had to go
DSC02887_zpsl6fyrgdh.jpg

Also removed the punch out marks on the back side
DSC02888_zpsdhqtlcc7.jpg

Some more reference pictures while we wait :drool

1929-ford-model-a-pickup-passenger-side-wheels-and-fenders.jpg

0812sr_15_z2B39th_nsra_nationals2B1929_ford_pickup.jpg

0906sr_16_z2Bhot_rods_outside_gnrs2B1929_ford_pickup.jpg

'32 grill looks pretty good
0907sr_29_z2B1929_ford_pickup2Bsyracuse_nationals_top_100.jpg

Hey how did this stock one get in there - still looks good :coolio
1929fordhalftonpkup022013.jpg

Drop that suspension to within an inch of the tarmac, and chop the roof about one-third... painted wheels and plain hubs like the satin black one in the photo and ultra-cool electric blue paint...

Or build it your own way.

No pressure.

:evil:

Ian.

Drop that suspension to within an inch of the tarmac, and chop the roof about one-third... painted wheels and plain hubs like the satin black one in the photo and ultra-cool electric blue paint...

No pressure.

Ian.

(y) :D :popcorn

radiator from the kit has no detail on the back side and it is also a bit to thin
DSC02881_zpsivxlvao9.jpg

DSC02880_zpsglp5sylb.jpg

added some styrene to the upper and lower radiator tanks
DSC02891_zpspvotru6t.jpg

plugged the holes with styrene and stretched sprue
DSC02899_zpshrfwwbiu.jpg

the red radiator is from the parts box. I removed the upper and lower tanks, turned it around and now I have a better radiator
DSC02900_zpsg8i0lmz1.jpg

had a AHHHHHHH (thats the "G" version) moment when digging the parts box, I found a fender set with no spare tire well :bang head
DSC02893_zps5ukwsdy4.jpg

made a fill piece from sheet styrene for the now missing spare tire well
DSC02894_zps87poi5yr.jpg

DSC02896_zps4xdcemho.jpg

puttied it up and roughed it in
004_zpswwxze08i.jpg

003_zpsapolnnaj.jpg

001_zpssbcl83g1.jpg

I stripped parts of their chrome with oven off
DSC02910_zpswgazi0vq.jpg

crew cab anyone?
DSC02897_zps7kxhsgji.jpg

Crew Cab ??? ........ :hmmm .... might be a bit long ..... how about extra cab (smaller space behind drivers seat ..... Don't get me started it's your creation Jeff ..... Looking good so far .... :love it.... :eek:ldguy

No pressure.

Ian.

Lowered - yes
Chopped - no
Steelies - if I can find some good big and littles - yes
Paint - gloss not sure what color yet

My way - yes :yipee

Back