• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 The Start!

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 Moving Ahead!

Thank you, my friends! I meddled with this build a little yesterday, but not enough to warrant an update. More to come, I promise.

:drinks

Very nice looking piece Mike. Good color and just enough abuse to make it interesting .

Cheers, Christian B)

Many thanks, my friends! I am sorry for the delay in my reply. :blush: It has been so hot here, painting has been difficult. I decided to hazard the painting of a few of my accessories while it was relatively cool this morning. The water cans and fuel drum were painted a couple weeks ago, I applied hair spray to the fuel drum and then shot a thin coat of Tamiya light gray.

h86fb13e.JPG

ha07e807.JPG

hc770c53.JPG

ha5b4c81.JPG

The real thing.

h33c3ae8.jpg

h9a8bea3.jpg

h3bde7f0.JPG

The water cans were primed, painted with red oxide primer, then hair spray, followed by a light coat of Tamiya Field Gray. Water and a brush removed some of the Field Gray. I then used shot a light coat of AK Interactive Washable White. This paint is designed to be removed with water, eliminating the need for hairspray or a chipping fluid.

h8dca8b6.JPG

h854cb0d.JPG

I made my own stencil using a business card and an X-Acto knife. I'd say I like this method for small scale items, not sure how it will work for things like winter camo.

More stuff was painted, but I got sidetracked during the afternoon and didn't photograph them. More to come, thanks for dropping in.

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 Progress

Very nice details Mike . I had never noticed that the drums came with their own wrench for the plug.

I also really like the washable white . I need to try that out myself .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, guys! I'm planning to play hookey from worldy duties this weekend (as much as I can get away with) to try to finish this one. Stay tuned and thanks for the comments!

Wow Mike!

I just took a look at this thread today and I really like this model and the step by step photos of your progress. I think you have done an excellent job on the construction and the painting of this vehicle. You have just the right amount of weathering, chipping, etc. With all of the new products on the market these days for weathering and other effects, it is refreshing to see a model that is well done with just the right amount of enhancement. All too often these days you see vehicles that are over done. Great work, Mike!

Cheers,
James

Thank you, my friends! James, I was looking at it this past weekend, wondering if I needed something else. Thank you for your kind words and feedback. :good:

Modeling time has been at a premium lately, so I have been adding some details here and there. Getting close to where I want it to be, still have a bit to add.

ha10339a.JPG

hbcd9c61.JPG

Buckets are resin pieces from Armand Bayardi, stowage rope is Hobby Lobby thread.

h84f1c7b.JPG

The leaves are a mixture of real leaves and paper, punched with my RP Toolz Leaf Punches.

ha9e7a05.JPG

h2423613.JPG

h062acff.JPG

I'll fill in the blanks this week, maybe wrap this build up next weekend. Thanks for dropping by.

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 Almost There

It's looking really good Mike.

Love all the details! They always add so much!

Bob

Back