• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 The Start!

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 UPDATE 5-19-17

Looks really good Mike,

Great camo job!

I've always liked to do the black and white thing to photos of my of my dioramas, then see how they compare to actual old photos of WW II!

Keep goin'!

Bob

A BRUTE! I LIKE IT! :ro:
I especailly liked the way you compared the '33 in two black & white pict's! Brilliant!! (y) :v :eek:ldguy :salute

Many thanks, my friends! You are too kind, but I do appreciate the feedback. I got the road wheels washed and now I can't do a thing with them (old guy joke), so I'm sorta ready to start weathering the lower hull. Stay tuned.

:drinks

GWOWowonnong!

'Pup, Tell us why you "Gonged" Iron Mike for his horrible old Joke? :idonno

Who remembers Chuck Barris?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWoWm6qa-mk

15cm Sturminfanteriegeschutz 33 UPDATE

Lots of things going on in my world at the moment, so haven't had much bench time. I did weather the tracks, sprockets and road wheels, among other things.

h78f4ef8.JPG

I blackened the white metal tracks with the last of the Black 4 Tracks I had, followed by a blend of pigments.

h4e4edae.JPG

After letting the pigment fixer dry, I polished the contact points of the track with AK Dark Steel pigment and a cotton swab.

h7bce5b6.JPG

hb98cdc1.JPG

h5a3dba0.JPG

The sprocket teeth got the same treatment.

h15c1885.JPG

h438e118.JPG

I had purchased some resin parts from Armand Bayardi earlier this year and decided to try them out. Here's the metal pails, with solder handles.

h859d618.JPG

h1fc3ab2.JPG

And some tin cups.

h7142b8d.JPG

Bayardi parts are well sculpted,have very small attachment points to remove and free of pin holes. Highly recommended!

Much more to come, ran out of time. Thanks for coming by!

You just now getting the tracks done??????? You need to stay out of the bars and chasin women buddy. :D

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy :rotf

Many thanks, my friends! Things have been at a frenzied pace with my life lately. I was approached by a local company about coming to work for them and after much consideration, I start a new job Monday! Best of all, it's Monday thru Friday 8:30AM to 5:30PM and only one Saturday morning per month!! What an improvement!!!! So here's what I did on my first Saturday off.

I realized there were no barrel cleaning rods in this kit and all the spares I have are for smaller bored guns, so I made one! I found some big ol' fat sprue, checked it into my Dewalt (if I only had a lathe :coolio ) and started roughing out the shape with files.

hddc0b39.JPG

hdbff1ab.JPG

hdd474ea.JPG

h7aeb8d7.JPG

hb6f1665.JPG

hc56a523.JPG

Here's the real thing.

h60655f4.JPG

hb7d21da.JPG

Compared to a kit part.

hb42ee52.JPG

Much more to come, lots of parts in primer!!!

Enjoy the holiday, remember freedom isn't free. :salute

Back