• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 scale German Boxer

Duke Maddog

Okay, I have now gotten enough done for me to start this campaign. This is the Revell of Germany 1/72 scale Boxer. It's a neat little kit with some pretty good detailing. Here are my startup photos:

WIP_APC_GB_I.jpg

WIP_APC_GB_II.jpg

I started out building the lower hull:

WIP_APC_GB_III.jpg

After that, I added the floor plate inside:

WIP_APC_GB_IV.jpg

Next it had me build the driver's compartment:

WIP_APC_GB_V.jpg

After that, I added it to the lower hull:

WIP_APC_GB_VI.jpg

Next I started the rear troop compartment. Since the real vehicle is modularized, they made the model the same way. Here is the basic box:

WIP_APC_GB_VII.jpg

I didn't worry about the huge sinkholes in this because the top covers them quite well:

WIP_APC_GB_VIII.jpg

Later, I slipped this into the rear compartment on the lower hull. I was very amazed at how well this fit! This is only dry-fit in place:

WIP_APC_GB_IX.jpg

Well, that's about all I have for now. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks guys! I also have the command version of this vehicle too. with this one going together so well, I think I'll start it also. Not for this campaign though; you'll be able to see it in my WIP posts under the Workbench Thread.

I finally have something to post here now that I got some painting done.

I went ahead and painted on the second of the camouflage colors for this beastie:

WIP_APC_GB_XIII.jpg

WIP_APC_GB_XIX.jpg

Later on I added the third color:

WIP_APC_GB_XX.jpg

WIP_APC_GB_XXI.jpg

That's all I have on this for now. Stay tuned for more.

Thanks guys! I just got home from Florida yesterday so I apologize for not responding sooner. I'm still trying to get caught up. I do hope to have this done fairly soon so I can start my CTA III campaign.

Thanks again for the compliments!

Okay, I finally finished this Boxer APC for this campaign, but before I show it; here's some pics of the progress I did leading up to it's completion.

After painting the third camouflage pattern on this model, clearcoat and decals were then applied:

WIP_APC_GB_XXII.jpg

After that, I dullcoated this; added the gun to the remote turret and then added some tools and antennas, among other parts. I also started to install the wheels to this. If it looks like it is leaning, it's because it is. I only got the wheels on the one side:

WIP_APC_GB_XXIV.jpg

Then I needed to rest since my injury was really making itself known...

Later on, I got the remaining wheels on and also added some additional detail parts to this:

WIP_APC_GB_XXV.jpg

WIP_APC_GB_XXVI.jpg

Finally, I added the last detail bits on this so I could finish the touch-up painting and get this finished:

WIP_APC_GB_XXVII.jpg

And now, here is the final pics showing my finished model for this campaign:

German_GTK_Boxer_GTFz_A1_I.jpg

German_GTK_Boxer_GTFz_A1_II.jpg

I'll add these finished pics to the Completed Builds Thread when someone posts it up.

Thanks all for looking in. I appreciate those few who followed along and commented. Now I need to get my ribbon for this and move on to some other campaigns.

Back