• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 scale Academy Me 163S in-progress

Christian,

Here are a couple pics of the Scheuch-Schlepper that was included with the Academy 1/72 scale Me 163 kit. Its not a bad little kit but its off quite a bit in shape and lacking certain details, but its better than nothing!
402872788.jpg

402872785.jpg

The Me 163s are done and this morning finished the Scheuch-Schlepper, all that I need now is a stretch of good weather so I can get outside to get some proper pics of these models, I plan on using all of my photobase and take some pictures of these models as they might have looked at an operational airfield. The little 1/100 scale Tamiya Me 163 I built earlier will be used here for a little forced perspective work. I also have similar plans to use the large 1/48 scale Komet I am now building in these type of pictures.

Matrixone

Really nice Les, good paint job. You'd think someone would have come out with this thing in other scales and more accurate.

Thanks guys!

Moon Puppy,
This kit of the Scheuch-Schlepper could benefit from the use of P.E. parts, some of the plastic parts are too thick to look right.

Matrixone

Dave,
More then anybody I want to see the final pictures of the Komets but the weather is not going to get better for another week so I have wait a while.
For the pictures I have planned I will be using all three sections of my photobase and thats the main reason why its so important to wait until there is no threat of rain showers, if my photobases get wet they could be damaged. This kind of thing has happened before when I was caught in a sudden rain shower while taking pics of some of my models. Where I live we get a lot of rain and my house sits in a tree lined valley which makes it impossible to see any approaching rain clouds. :(
The good thing is I will be getting a lot done on my 1/48 scale Komet and hope to use that model in some of my forced perspective pictures of my airfield.

Matrixone

Back