• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Revell Me 262 A-1a

That is coming together well. Great save on the tail, looked easy enough to fix. I think the deformity in the engine intake is simply plastic shrink that happened while the plastic was cooling after being removed from the mold. You should be able to take care of that.

That's what I thought at first too Duke but all three Revell Me 262 kits in my collection have the EXACT same defect. Hard to imagine they would all shrink exactly the same. :idonno

Well, I hit a bit of a snag. The canopies for this kit are notoriously bad and this one was no exception. I thought I could vac form one myself at home using the original as a mold like I did with the P-61 but it melted part of the original canopy. :facepalm Oh well, got a replacement squadron canopy on order but I will have to set this aside for a few days until it gets here.

That's what I thought at first too Duke but all three Revell Me 262 kits in my collection have the EXACT same defect. Hard to imagine they would all shrink exactly the same. :idonno

I thought I could vac form one myself at home using the original as a mold like I did with the P-61 but it melted part of the original canopy. :facepalm Oh well, got a replacement squadron canopy on order but I will have to set this aside for a few days until it gets here.

I have run across this problem before but don't really understand why that is .

Anything that you could add would be helpful. Thanks in advance . Christian

Squadron is your friend ( sometimes :rotf )

This is looking very good Dave!

Its a shame about the dodgy fit of some of the parts, now I am not so eager to build one of my Me 262 kits. ;)
Even after only a quick look in the box of my kit I could see the canopy was not of the same quality as the rest of the kit. :(

Matrixone

This is looking very good Dave!

Its a shame about the dodgy fit of some of the parts, now I am not so eager to build one of my Me 262 kits. ;)
Even after only a quick look in the box of my kit I could see the canopy was not of the same quality as the rest of the kit. :(

Matrixone

Les, The fit isn't terrible but certainly benefits from some dry fitting before proceeding. Then again any kit would seem reasonable after my last build which was the Airfix P-61. :eek:hmy: The twisted tail fin is what really ticked me off though.

Squadron makes some replacement canopies

Cheers, Christian

Christian, Squadron canopies have been ordered. I checked today and they have cleared Canadian customs and should be here shortly. :yipee

I have fixed the original canopy well enough to tack in place as a mask and sprayed it with primer. Should be dry enough now to paint the RLM 76 undersides so I'll do that tomorrow hopefully.

Cool deal . (y) (y) I would hate for one to go unbuilt .

After all I still have my original build that dates back from pre 1970. With the totally bogus paint job Revell had on their box top :rotf :rotf :rotf

It is now my oldest build .

Cheers, Christian B)

Dang!!! My package arrived from squadron today with my new canopies. The package of Me 262 vac canopies has the correct labeling but the canopies are clearly for a Me 109G, NOT the Me 262! :bang head :bang head :bang head

Give them a shout Dave . They need to get the right item in the mail .

Contact

(877) 414-0434

Cheers, Christian B)

So finally got the right canopies but discovered the squadron set was intended to be in the open position which is not what I was going for on this one. Just meant a little extra work to get the three pieces to line up properly. Anyway, progress has been made.

12Me262ARG2_zpsa212e428.jpg

13Me262ARG2_zps67815acd.jpg

It is a great kit, especially when you consider that it is less than a third of the cost of the Hasegawa or Academy kits. I've built the Hasegawa kit before and though the fit is better it lacks the interior detail that the Revell kit has. I also have the Academy kit in the stash so it will be interesting to see how it compares.

I have the three kits mentioned in 1/72nd scale plus the ancient Heller two seater. Revell is the best value indeed.

Yes, I have not seen any Swallows with shark mouth schemes but the aircraft itself looks like a shark! So I have it in 1/72nd and 1/48th (Trimaster, Dragon,Tamiya, & Monogram). I sent my Hasegawa 1/32nd scale kits off to some friends.

Regards,

Thanks guys!

Finished this one up tonight. Glad to have it off the bench finally and in the display case. Aside from the canopy issue (thank goodness for Squadron) these are great little kits.

I've been playing with some new photo editing software so some of the photos look different than the others.

15Me262ARG2_zps750fa3fb.jpg

14Me262ARG2_zps54b6fbc6.jpg

16Me262ARG2_zps56ec1f1b.jpg

17Me262ARG2_zpsc64f0472.jpg

18Me262ARG2_zpsfb68892d.jpg

19Me262ARG2_zps451a33b6.jpg

Many Schwalben occupy my shelves. Rev AG's is the best, although it is not without it's faults. The kit canopy on "Der Baron" was shrunken, too narrow for the Cockpit opening. :bang head Have Fun! Keep up the good work! :good:

Back