• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:72 Hobbyboss F-14A

ij001

Kit - Hobbyboss 1:72
Paint - Tamiya acrylics, Tamiya, Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels.
Decals - Kit
Extras - None

Grumman F-14A Tomcat
VF-41 'Black Aces'
Photocall, NAS Oceana mid 1978.

F141_zps138e0484.jpg

F142_zpsfb320de6.jpg

F143_zps0103579e.jpg

F144_zps8f1729d1.jpg

F145_zpsb3c15b4f.jpg

Not my best build by a long way, but very enjoyable none the less. IMHO a great little kit and well worth every penny. Good points - Price, excellent fit, good detail, you can build it as I have with the wings in the 'oversweep' position (not too many kits give you that option), very good decal choice and superbly packaged. Bad points, very soft plastic reminiscent of old Heller kits, panel lines so fine that they seem to disappear under two coats of paint !! - but that was probably 'user error'.

Right from the start I was looking to build it completely 'naked' no pylons, no tanks, all buttoned-up and immaculate - there's a few photos on t'interweb from the Photocall in '78 just before the squadron embarked on USS Nimitz for the first cruise with the brand new F-14's, and they are spotless !! Great wee project, highly recommended. Thanks for taking the time to look, as ever all comments, criticism, questions and suggestions are welcome.

AFN

Ian

Very nice work Ian, I like the decals choice, unusual and beautiful! :drinks

All the best!
Dusan.

I wondered about that little airplane model. I want the new Academy issue, with the Wolfpack decal set. I may have to rethink my Tomcat purchasing paradigm! What a very, clean speedy airplane U built!

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, especially if you're thinking of building a few in differing schemes. Thanks all for the very positive comments. Appreciate it.

Ian

Back