• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Hasegawa N1K1 Rex Prototype

Sorry guys! I've had a busy weekend and a busy day as well. Just got my MGB on Sunday and have been trying to sort through the details of registering an antique car in Canada!

I've always enjoyed these Micro Model builds so I pulled an interesting one out for this. RPM's terrible Be-4. This kit is loaded with flash, mold boogers, ill-formed pieces, pieces that aren't even there, panel lines that don't match up, etc.... Should be Fun!!

IMG_4362.JPG

The start up pic

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4364.JPG

Check out these struts! Rectangular bars!

IMG_4365.JPG

I have a replacement 1/72 resin engine in the stash, will use that instead of what was included in the kit.

IMG_4366.JPG

I have the Mars Models 1/48 big brother so I'll use that as a reference to try and figure out some of the parts and details!

Last edited:
Wow Warren! This is gonna be fun to watch. I have this very same kit in the stahs and even considered doing it too. I didn't think I could finish it in a month though.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Hi all, I had thought about it and feel the little Beriev was a bit too much for me this month so I'm going to go with this kit instead this year. I'll have a new start up and some other pics later!

Looks much nicer and "cleaner". That is a very good kit IMO.

Good luck and see you in the finish line.

Cheers

Alex

Looks good! Was that float weight solid plastic? Most interesting idea.

Nothing wrong with switching to something that can get you over the finish line in time. You got this man!

Thanks guys! I've run into some trouble with our dog and have been in and out of the vet 7 times in the past week and a half. It's been trying!

I have made some progress and hope to have an update tonight or tomorrow.

It is a great little kit. Mark, the float weight was solid plastic. I hope it is enough!

Sorry I didn't make it this year for this, too much going on with the dog this month and the new car.

First time I didn't finish in like 5 years! I'll try and move it to my thread and get it done!

Back