• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Fokker DVII - Thanks! Over and out.

wds

I thought I would give this a go.
Maybe in G's white livery, maybe something more colorful. :hmmm

Cheers,

Bill

fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker, fokker ....

IMG_4232.jpg

1/72 Fokker DVII

Thanks, Dave!
Thanks, Mike! " Nein, nein,nein! These Fokkers were Messerschmidts!" :laugh:
Bob!
Thanks, Randy!
Thanks, Mike! Yea..., No flying wires on this one. The cabane and interplane struts will be problematic enough. :idonno

Ok, ok .... I know it's last minute, but that's it. :blush:

Just assemble it right?

Thanks for your patience. Sorry to string you along. See ya at the finish line.

Cheers,

Bill

IMG_4251.jpg

1/72 Fokker DVII

I will, uncharacteristically abstain from Puns/jokes here. I REALLY just want to see you put it the rest of the way together! :good: :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

1/72 Fokker DVII

Thanks, Luiz. You are too kind. (y)
Thanks, Rhino! It's on! Go ahead and joke/pun away. :fencing :snoopy :salute

Cheers,

Bill

1/72 Fokker DVII - Finished!

Thanks, Dave!
Thanks, Bob!

Well, this one was a mixed bag, and I was all over the map in my opinion of it.
It lacked indexing pins that would have helped align the fuse halves, (but they lined up ok). There was lots of parts that did not fit, (lower wing to fuse took some surgery to get it to fit). The cabane struts (fuse to top wing) were just wrong, and I almost gave up last night when I was trying to set the top wing. Cooler heads prevailed, and I chopped and cobbled something that worked, but my "fix" is not scale or accurate.

The paint scheme is whimsical and not representative of a historical unit/squadron/Jasta. It does't seem too outrageous to me. They had some festive livery back in that day. The skull decals are leftovers from a Ma.K kit.

I have a 1/48 scale version of the DVII from Rodin. I'm looking forward to building it, now that I have suffered with this little Fokker!

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

Really like it, nothing wrong with a little 'what iffery' from time-to-time.

Ian.

Looks great Bill. I've found the the couple of Roden kits I've built to be really fiddly and down right frustrating at times. Glad you got her done. (y) (y)

Back