• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Yazoo River Dogfight Duo. USS Carondelet vs. CSS Arkansas, 1862

Holee Schmokes that's small!!! I saw 1/700 in the title but I didn't realize just how little this was till I saw it next to the coin.

20210704_112316.jpg
I thought I had made it! I filled 2 minor flaws in USS Carondelet's stern, fixed up some soda straws to cover the smoke stacks so I could put some gray paint on her and found I had knocked off one of the pesky gun port hatches at the last second. BOLLOCKS!!! :bang head
Time for a break and a sandwich.

Thanks for looking in!!

20210705_133838.jpg20210705_133849.jpg
USS Carondelet in gray. The straw-covers worked pretty well. It is obvious what a poor job I did attaching the gunport hatches. Still, progress is progress!
Model Master RAF gray, shot with my ancient Testors Aztek airbrush. More to come! Stay tuned unless I have already bored the living dog-snot out of you!

Thanks Men! I view these dinky details with a judges eyes. I will advise every TLAR customer NOT to do what I have attempted, but still............
Opened out for naval combat, or cruising serenely on the Yazoo, Mississippi or Cumberland rivers?

20210717_123010.jpg
Applied USS Carondelet's wood deck paint this day. Several layers of acrylic wood deck paint in a wash. I didn't want it to look brand new. Subtle is better in my favorite scale, don't you agree?!

Thanks for looking in!!

Yeah.....what Mike said!! :)
The final 2.0 Mold for USS Carondelet is already being cast. Her boats will need remolded for the kit so all 4 are the same size and fit the Ship's davits in ONE mold.

I made a "2.0" Master for CSS Arkansas but She isn't molded yet. The CSS Arkansas you see here is the original casting with all Her "sins" addressed. I take a lot of pride in making a quality model ship. That could be why it takes me so long to get a new kit to market.
I wouldn't sell YOU a model I am unhappy with! I build everything I make (because I want at least ONE of my own!) so my English instructions make sense to other 'Mericans.

2 More Moldmax RTV kits are on the way from Reynolds Materials. Shipping charges are the same for 2 as it is for one!

20210821_123356.jpg
Opened a fresh Moldmaster 10 RTV jug and poured CSS Arkansas 2.0 mold this afternoon. This version is the "for sale" one.
I had a lot of stuff sitting around waiting to be molded and I took action! USS Carondelet's 4 boat set is being molded too. Once I cast that mold, I can finish Her and begin writing kit instructions.
Demolding the Masters tomorrow will tell the tale!
Thanks for looking in!:salute::oldguy::skipper:

Back