• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48th C.A. Supermarine Walrus * Completed *

1/48th Classic Airframes Supermarine Walrus

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT CLEAN
:facepalm​

just for that SA, now you know how I will present this when I'm done...........!!!! :smack

I cant find the article I read, but one fellow uses white and tan oil paint dot filters at the bottom and brushes up. Ends up with streaking and lightening of the paint where the salt water / water would wear and fade the paint and were the salt would dry. Wish I could find it to show you. Clean works for me though. I know on the Auroras we would give a bird bath whenever they flew lower than 500 feet. Salt spray from waves reaches about the height I guess. Lots of cleaning to protect the bird.

14410.jpg

James

SA Dave knows my Aussie humour!!!

Great pic James, what I've been doing with it is using tamiya weathering sets and my trusty finger! to lightly rub above all things - snow and the rust ( which is brownish) pigments across the wing ribs, sofar it's looking respectable.

The panel lines are very shallow so panel line accenting isn't happening much.

Terry's post on - WEATHER FORCAST.....COMMENTARY

was a very good read with lots of great replies, I personally think a lot of people forget sometimes that any subject be it armor or aircraft - were all brand new at the start of their lives, = minimal weathering.

I will battle on! :drinks

My indoor light is crap so will take outside photos when the sun comes up so for now,

DSC_9913x1.jpg~original

1/48th C.A. Supermarine Walrus - Completed

Here is the Classic Airframes Supermarine Walrus finished.
Added gun sights, ropes, rear hatch in open position with support, all the lovely detail inside is hidden!! but thoroughly enjoyed this build.

I triple coated it with Testors rattle flatcote, and used Tamiya weathering sets rubbed over the wing ribs and sides, sunlight negates most of it.

DSC_0018x1.jpg~original

DSC_9999x1.jpg~original

DSC_0001x2.jpg~original

DSC_9993x2.jpg~original

DSC_9997x1.jpg~original

DSC_0002x1.jpg~original

DSC_0029x1.jpg~original

DSC_0030x2000.jpg~original

DSC_0010x2.jpg~original

DSC_0003x2.jpg~original

DSC_0017x1.jpg~original

DSC_0016x1.jpg~original

DSC_0019x2000.jpg~original

What a great model,Phil! (y) :notworthy

And I really like the background as well,it has a certain feel about it.

Greetings,Ron.

Looks great Phil!!

Terry B)

Congrats, Phil- she looks like a million bucks! Everyone says that this is no easy build, but you've pulled it off like a champ, and made it beautiful in the process. :drinks

Edited for SA consumption. ;)

Congrtas, Puil- she looks like a million bucks! Everyone says that this is no easy build, but you've pulled it off like a champ, and made it beautiful in the process. :drinks
PUIL ? :rotf
Sorry I felt like beeing a bit childish
Great finish Phil (y) :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

(y) (y) (y) Nice finish Phil . Congrats to you for seeing it to completion .

I really like the base and background for the photography :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheers all, I did enjoy this one, I think there may be a stigma about the difficulty in building this kit but lots of thinking and planning gets you there.

Trickiest part I think was getting the engine main struts at that 5 degree off centre and the position for the prop to clear the top wing when it spins.

One Classic Airframes left in the stash -

DSC_0077109cd.jpg~original

To be decaled with this set
DSC_0078109cd.jpg~original

Love it Phil (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
Cant wait to se the 109 too. I really like the looks of that huge chin. Will you do the toothy grin?
James

Awesome job Phil, that looks superb! Definitely one to be proud of!

:popcorn

I hope when ever I get around to building mine it comes out half as good!

What did you use for rope?

Back