• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 scale Monogram DH Mosquito Mk IV Bomber

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

Here are a couple of images of my 1/48 scale Monogram Mk IV Mosquito bomber. I cut off the control surfaces and added leading edges to them and trailing edges to the wings where the control surface meet and then cemented the control surfaces in a lowered or other non-neutral position.

Paints are Folk Art acrylics and they were applied with a brush.

Over the years the applied decals have silvered a bit and I will be replacing them in the future.

mossie_2_20100504_1480848605.jpg

mossie_1_20100504_1160728577.jpg

Cheers from Peter

Have you tried any Champs Decal solution? Very nice brush job. You're right, a top coat would blend things in I think.

moon puppy wrote:
Have you tried any Champs Decal solution? Very nice brush job. You're right, a top coat would blend things in I think.

Hi there.

I used a decal solvent but I forget who made it. It isn't the one you mentioned. The decals were sealed too but the silvering happened a few years later. I have some other decals here that I can use after I remove those ones. I'll try coating the model with future first so that there is a smooth as glass glossy finish for the decals to adhere to. Then I'll overcoat them with a matte sealer.

Thanks from Peter

That was going to be the next thing I suggest, flat doesn't work well in some cases. If you get a chance, Champs will even overcome flat surfaces, I can't brag enough about it.

But just a suggestion, with roundels as simple as those, you might want to try your hand at painting the insignias. I've done it once on Bronco's L3 Piper Cub and was really pleased with the result. And that was a U.S. insignia. I bet these UK insignias would turn out great.

Back