• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 ICM Do 215B-4

OK, time to wrap this one up. A couple of late build issues gave me fits. The gun barrels which were probably very close to scale size were also extremely delicate and after I broke two of them trying to remove the sprue gate, I gave up and ordered Master barrels which didn't arrive till yesterday. The other issue which I was pretty much stuck with was sucky decals. They were thin and went down reasonable well but also delicate in that if you trimmed too close to the color, it would flake off even with a new blade. A couple of the national markings were also out of register and no swastikas were supplied, not even the piece together type. They also seemed pretty much impervious to Micro Sol. I was hesitant to try anything stronger so I have some silvering. I would recommend finding options if you build this kit. Other than those items I really liked the kit, never had a very high opinion of ICM kits but this one was very nice and fit very well. Any way...

215-b17.jpg

215-b18.jpg

215-b19.jpg

215-b20.jpg

215-b21.jpg

215-b22.jpg

215-b23.jpg

215-b24.jpg

215-b25.jpg

The markings represent an aircraft in France in August of 1940. Photos I found from this period show fairly clean aircraft with primarily just exhaust stain so I went light on weathering with a light dusting of pastels on the top and some oil, mud and exhaust stains on the bottom. I think the inline engines it gives the Dornier sort of a sportster look, or maybe a 110 on steroids

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Pavel. As I stated photos show a fairly clean air frame. I did dust the upper surface with pastels which did highlight the panel lines some but it washes out in the photos ans is difficult to see.

Back