• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hurricane MK II?

Hello all . Just a couple pictures from the club meet . Thanks to Ironmike !

Mostly held together with blue tack for the meet . Still applying dirt and paint chips.

I don't like to commit to all the small bits until the paint is done.

IMG_5433.JPG

IMG_5446.JPG

Cheers, Christian B)

:popcorn

Luckily, I found the landing gear part ( under the desk ) before our hunter and parts chewer discovered it . :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi guys , hope to finish it up this weekend. Don't see much reason to shoot any pictures between here and the finish.

Still have a few minor details to take care of and this dreadful oil leak is giving me a headache .

I wish I had an interesting drawing to place on the side of the fuselage but I have none in this scale. The red elephant would have been interesting for an Indian Hurricane.

Martin ,I thought the gray/green with the stripes were really interesting also but it became unclear as to their existence so I changed my mind at the last moment. :pilot

Anyhow, soon and very soon I will get it done and get back to the lightning :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Well guys it's late Saturday night and I'm tossing in the paint brush for tonight . Not sure if I'll get any modeling time tomorrow, so I'm offering a teaser shot for the progress.

teaser_shot_001a.jpg

It is quite close to finished . I'll show the details next post. No point in rushing the finish now :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Well guys it's late Saturday night and I'm tossing in the paint brush for tonight . Not sure if I'll get any modeling time tomorrow, so I'm offering a teaser shot for the progress.

teaser_shot_001a.jpg

It is quite close to finished . I'll show the details next post. No point in rushing the finish now :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)
Oh you evil man Teasing us with such a great build :vmad :fencing
Looking GREAT there

teaser_shot_001a.jpg

It is quite close to finished . I'll show the details next post. No point in rushing the fiddly bits and getting it wrong now :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)
Oh you evil man Teasing us with such a great build :vmad :fencing
Looking GREAT there

Oh Dave I'm gonna change a Jimmy Hendrix quote to fit the circumstance. " I am doing this so as not to offend your senses when you view it ! " :v

Cheers, Christian B)

Finished: 1/48 Hurricane MK II D IAF.

Sorry it's taking me this long, so for those of you that are impatient I'll post a few pictures tonight and the rest tomorrow morning.

post_op_002.JPG

First some landing gear bay bay shots . I am quite thrilled as to the amount of detail Hasegawa provided.

post_op_003.JPG

There is not much missing, if someone wanted to super detail it. My only complaint is trying to place all the gear parts in place . That was a bit fiddly :blink

post_op_004.JPG

Next up is the tail section. I removed the plastic and added some brass rod for the rudder cables , the boarding step lock/release handle and the spring on the antenna wire.

post_op_005a.jpg

Here, I detailed the cooler door and added a rear view mirror to the windscreen as well as the exterior handle on the canopy . ( didn't bother with the interior one )

try_again_002a.jpg

Some oil leaks and other dirt was applied to the lower surfaces.

post_op_008a.jpg

And this is the business end of the machine . 40 MM cannons . Pods courtesy of a Monogram kit. The barrels are made up of brass tubing.
The wing leading edges have been modified to flash over the old gun position and the 303's were added to the wing for sighting purposes. The barrels are brass .
The landing lights were also fabricated. :)

Well, that's it for tonight. Will post some mug shots ( beauty shots ) in the morning.

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks awesome Chris. I dont think people are impatient,just eager to see her. You did an outstanding job (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Back