• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hurricane MK II?

Thanks James,Bob , Dave and Smurf . You would think a retired fella would find more time at the bench but alas , it's not working that way and as you know I'm slow and with the recent addition to the family my time gets imposed on a lot.

I like eagerness though but this was no a tease, just a mere recap of where we've been .

Bob, I was posting these pictures last night way past the time all you Pups were gone. I needed some rest myself :rotf

Now, for the mug shots . . .

Finished_work_008a.jpg

Finished_work_009a.jpg

Finished_work_007a.jpg

Finished_work_006a.jpg

Finished_work_012a.jpg

Finished_work_001a.jpg

This is my favorite. If an ME 109 make you think of German fighters than this make me thing of an English buldog . Gonna bite your leg off ! ! !

Finished_work_003a.jpg

Well folks this is the end of this one. I have noticed a few places that still need attention.
Nice kit though but it would have been simpler if I had not wrestled it into something different.

Hope you enjoy . Comments always welcome .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Bob. Maybe when I build something in 1/32 I can come up with greasy hand print :rotf Certainly would be appropriate on that F-4E I have in the closet .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks James,Bob , Dave and Smurf . You would think a retired fella would find more time at the bench but alas , it's not working that way and as you know I'm slow and with the recent addition to the family my time gets imposed on a lot.

I like eagerness though but this was no a tease, just a mere recap of where we've been .

Bob, I was posting these pictures last night way past the time all you Pups were gone. I needed some rest myself :rotf

Now, for the mug shots . . .

Finished_work_008a.jpg

Finished_work_009a.jpg

Finished_work_007a.jpg

Finished_work_006a.jpg

Finished_work_012a.jpg

Finished_work_001a.jpg

This is my favorite. If an ME 109 make you think of German fighters than this make me thing of an English buldog . Gonna bite your leg off ! ! !

Finished_work_003a.jpg

Well folks this is the end of this one. I have noticed a few places that still need attention.
Nice kit though but it would have been simpler if I had not wrestled it into something different.

Hope you enjoy . Comments always welcome .

Cheers, Christian B)
Great going WOOHOO :woohoo: (y)

Great looking model! What really sets this one apart from most other models is the effective weathering done on it. :notworthy

Matrixone

Excellent stuff, Chris!! As always, you have made the kit better than the makers intended! (y)

You know, there is at least one advantage (if one can put it that way) to coming to MA every three or four months: you get to read long Threads and follow the whole building process of several beautiful models in about a coupla hours each: that's absolutely awesome! :ro:

This Hurricane certainly fills those shoes: what a magnificient job, Chris!!! You've dealt with wisdom, dilligence and experience with all setbacks, to bring to life an amazing model and, "hear, hear", I'm not even such a big fan of those birds - they look sturdy, but lack the "finesse" and sleekness of other WWII aircrafts. ;)

And best of all, we LEARN A LOT with every build we follow that is well documented. This really is a great Forum in many, many ways! :dude

Cheers and congrats, Chris: you've done a fantastic job on this one! :notworthy
Fernao

Thanks Phil . Even though it's twice as big as what I normally build it was also twice as easy to assemble than my normal stuff. :pilot

Great fun . Cheers, Christian B)

Back