• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hobby Boss KV-1 1942

Jeeves

This will be built out of the box...as is ;) Then added to the appropriate base!

003%7E41.jpg

005%7E37.jpg

I have not done one of the Hobbyboss 1/48 kits, shall be interesting to watch.

A scaled down Trumpeter kit which means it will be a pleasure (as what happened with the scaled down Trumpeter Me-262 series).

You may want to ditch the decals though...

Regards,

Thanks John and Saúl!

Yeah-- their T-34 kits actually have a very nicely detailed engine and interior...but the KV-1 is the bare minimum...but considering it'll be a monument-- not a big deal. They have the link and length tracks which I like...hoping to start it tonight after I get back from leading Luke's Cub Scout meeting....

their T-34 kits actually have a very nicely detailed engine and interior... but the KV-1 is the bare minimum...

The T-34 series are based on the Trumpeter 1/16th scale kits which have a few accuracy issues which are not their in Trumpeter's 35th scale KV series which is what they scaled down.

Regards,

Nearly finished with the build part of the build ;) Soon to be onto the base....

Need some touch ups on the tracks...but these kits are a dream...
005%7E38.jpg

006%7E32.jpg

And here is a shot of the jig Hobby Boss provides to get the right curvature of the track runs at the ends...love these things...
007%7E32.jpg

Now I just have to figure out a whole new weathering idea...one of just sitting around for years in the elements as opposed to being in combat constantly moving in the dust, mud, etc...

Think dust and rust and faded paint on horizontal surfaces. No ovm and spare links same color as the tank.

Thanks John! Yeah...someone sent me this link which pretty much covers everything you mentioned...there's even moss and lichen growing in and around the tracks...wonder how to recreate that?

http://dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=2533

What's ovm? :idonno

Construction part pretty much done...have some holes to fill and then onto weathering and eventually the base....
006%7E33.jpg

007%7E33.jpg

Thanks John! Yeah...someone sent me this link which pretty much covers everything you mentioned...there's even moss and lichen growing in and around the tracks...wonder how to recreate that?

http://dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=2533

What's ovm? :idonno

Could you use some Woodland Scenic grass for the moss?

I think Abby has some of that in that little diorama kit she got from AC Moore...might have to go swiping ;)

My eyes were drawn to them first. Are they like a memorial? I thought it looked pretty cool. If you dont like it maybe have them on the glacis plate?
James

Back