• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 AFV Club Sd. Kfz. 251/1 Ausf. C Half-Track

Yeah-- that might work Ron-- I could probably scribe it into two parts and sand accordingly....shame there's no engine for this kit ;)

Swordsman-- yes--- these parts are delicate as all get out and cutting them off sprue more often than not breaks them....

Yeah-- that might work Ron-- I could probably scribe it into two parts and sand accordingly....shame there's no engine for this kit ;)

Swordsman-- yes--- these parts are delicate as all get out and cutting them off sprue more often than not breaks them....

Trust me I've been there the Model chassis isn't much bigger than to quarters side by side .....

Gerry

With you on that Gerry!

Paint and decals done...just need to weather it up! This is the second straight vehicle that has been messed up on sitting straight-- what the heck am I doing to get the wheels off each time? I can't put everything on a base-- running out of room...grrr...
001~80.jpg

002~77.jpg

003~80.jpg

004~73.jpg

It's the method Bob Letterman taught back during his OD tutorial build-- it's Vallejo dark flesh as a base and then I believe Burnt Sienna oils coated over and streaked a bit...

Ah,all this in sinister looking Panzer Grey! :)

Could it be that you need to lower the MG 34 into the shield?

Gr,Ron.

Looks Good there .... your doing a fine job ..... :popcorn ..... Don't worry too much about front wheels they can always be fixed by the Base road surface ..... say a rocky road ..... for example .... :eek:ldguy

Damn Ron-- I think you're right...I was blindly following the directions which were a bit hazy on installation of the thing and you are right....

Gerry-- you might be right....running out of room to display bases but maybe I can find something small haha

Well-- here is some shots after the oil washes and streaking...and not one of us noticed I left that last road wheel unpainted until just now-- we are all slipping ;)
002~79.jpg

001~82.jpg

I am going to not touch this for a few days to lets those oils get nice and dry and then I'll touch up these paint boo-boos and fix that MG ;)

After some Mig pigments- we have these shots...still wet from the fixer:
001~84.jpg

002~81.jpg

003~83.jpg

004~76.jpg

Need to glue those front wheels down to something ;)

Sharp work Mike, doubly so considering the scale.

1/35 HTs are small enough, this thing must be tiny.

Thanks Mike, Jeff, and James...

Hoping to put the finishing touches on her this week-- but I've been excited about the Star Wars stuff ;)

And we are done! At least until I get it onto some sort of base...but plenty of other stuff going on right now...so it's to the shelf!

007~62.jpg

008~49.jpg

009~41.jpg

010~31.jpg

That turned out very nice ..... for the size ..... I think sone flat rocks under the wheels or use some Milli-putt ...... and sink the tracks in the road ...... no worries Mike ...... (y)

Back