• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Academy F-86F

someone use to make shaped lead weights for specific kits. That would be nice. :popcorn

That would be Terry Dean and he does have a weight for the F-86F made for the Revell/Monogram and Academy kits. The price in 2006 was merely $1.50USD but you better click on his name to send him an e-mail and get the latest list. If possible, please post the price list.

Regards,

Clicky don't work...Oh it's a mailto: link. not sure if Firefox or Thunderbird or what may not like it these days. Email is NightieMission@aol.com Will shoot him a email.

I remember him posting his info on Hyperscale way back, and from what I've heard they work quite nicely. Unfortunately I dont generally think about needing that stuff until I'm about to glue the fuselage halves together, haha.

Haven't really touched it since the last update. Been pressing hard on finishing the freelance design project I've been doing, and spending my time working on a couple other models that I've not been able to make much progress on.

How you doin' Adam ??

Ian

Looking pretty good there Adam ! Gosh that looks like a lot of weight . Are you sure the gear will hold it ? :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

someone use to make shaped lead weights for specific kits. That would be nice. :popcorn

That would be Terry Dean and he does have a weight for the F-86F made for the Revell/Monogram and Academy kits. The price in 2006 was merely $1.50USD but you better click on his name to send him an e-mail and get the latest list. If possible, please post the price list.

Regards,

Just watch out if you do order something from him. I have been waiting on two nose weights for a B-29 and PBY as well as some resin stuff for a B-29 since the end of August. He responded to an email in September but hasn't responded to anything since than.

Regards,

Just watch out if you do order something from him. I have been waiting on two nose weights for a B-29 and PBY as well as some resin stuff for a B-29 since the end of August. He responded to an email in September but hasn't responded to anything since than.

August? Yeah it's November now so like that's plenty of time go get something out the door. Maybe this thread will find it's way to him and he'll do something about it.

Good luck getting your goods Ryan.

I think the instructions called for 15 grams, and I think I ended up w/ 17 or 18 total. Hoping I wont have any issues w/ it holding the weight.

Looking pretty good there Adam ! Gosh that looks like a lot of weight . Are you sure the gear will hold it ? :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Not a huge update, but definitely progress.

Got the wings attached, and then started working on filling all the seams. I have to say I was a bit surprised at how large the gap was between the fuselage & the wings, but I was able to fill it w/ stretched sprue and now I'm working on cleaning everything up.

F-86-16_zps4f82bcbf.jpg

F-86-18_zpsdd529a30.jpg

One thing I did prior to gluing the wings on, was I added a shim to the fuselage under where the rings sat, to help bring the forward edge of the wings up even w/ the fuselage. I noticed when testing fitting, that the wings sat below the fuselage, and instead of trying to hold it where it would be flush, I just took some scrap styrene sheet and put it where the wing sits, and it worked pretty good. Not sure exactly what size the styrene is, its either .010" or .020"

F-86-14_zpsbb1a836d.jpg

Great work Adam... :eek:hyeah I am convinced that I will buy this kit I need one for CL-14 UK version. :hmmm (I have Hasegawa in my stash with slats).

All the best!
Dusan.

Back